𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

DANI HAD KILLED THE MASCOT OF RICHMOND

DANI HAD KILLED THE MASCOT OF RICHMOND. The game that morning had not exactly gone well after Dan kicked a ball straight into the runaway greyhound, killing him in the spot. From what Willie had heard, he was not doing so well. Willie, Rebecca, and Keeley were hanging out in the eldest woman's office when Higgins walked in holding a plastic grocery bag. "That's odd. We just received a giant food delivery from our rivals over at Brentford F.C."

"That's nice. What kind of food?" the Carlisle woman questioned excitedly. She adored free food, and if a football club sent it, it must be some pretty good food. However, she had not thought about the fact that another football club was sending them food, and that was kind of suspicious.

"Thai," Higgins answered, causing all of them to wince loudly. Richmond had been on a streak of ties, and Willie was shocked that it was not some sort of record. They had yet to win or lose a game the entire season. "Oh, now I get it."

There was a knock on the door, and they all looked to see Ted walking in. They all exclaimed, "Ted!"

"How you feeling?" Keeley asked him as Rebecca went over to the drink cart that she kept in her office and worked on making him a cocktail. He had to give this whole speech in front of all of the reporters so that they knew that they did not kill the dog on purpose.

Ted sighed, and he gratefully accepted the drink from the Welton woman, taking a huge sip from the drink and making a face at the taste. "Well, Keeley, I feel like a bigger loser than the biggest loser from The Biggest Loser."

"Look on the bright side, Ted. We're still undefeated," Willie pointed out because they did not technically have any losses that season. She was more worried about how to Rojas boy was feeling. Dani was such a ray of sunshine, and it must have killed him to have hurt that poor animal. "How's Dani doing?"

"Oh, he's a little shell-shocked, but Dani's a lot like an expensive tape measure. He snaps back real quick. - Yeah. What about Earl's owner? He doing all right?" he questioned, and Willie was glad to know that Dani was not going to quit football for this after coining the phrase, Football is life.