24.Transfer news

(next chapter will be posted on scrollstck. Follow me on stck and get early updates compared to Wattpad. Stck link in my bio)

Natasha's POV

It's been a week since that thing happened. Mom's not talking much to me. Did I make her upset? Is she mad at me? Did I mess up again?

I was thinking all this while cutting veggies in the kitchen.

"Natasha, what are you doing? You might cut yourself," a soft voice said from behind. I turned and saw mom walking towards me.

"Tum ye sb kyu kr rhi ho? Humare ghr me maids h, tumhe ye sb krne ki zarurat nahi," she said, taking the knife and placing it on the counter.

"Why are you doing this? We have maids, you don't need to do it,"

"Lekin mumma,"  I tried to explain.

"No buts, you're not working, that's final. Come," she said, leading me out of the kitchen.

I didn't try to stop her. I felt confused. Why won't anyone let me work here? But I'm glad they're not being harsh. I want to stay here forever; they're so kind.

She led me into a room and closed the door.

"Baitho yaha,"  she said, motioning to the bed. I sat without questioning.

"Sit here,"

"I... want to apologize," she began hesitantly, and I could tell she was embarrassed.

"Apologize?" I frowned in confusion as she sat beside me.

"Yes, about... about the panic attack you had a week ago," she began hesitantly.

"Siddharth told me... that you had nightmares the same night, and yes, he scolded me for that. I'm not angry; he is right," she said, looking down, clearly guilty.

"I'm sorry, my child... I... I really didn't want you to suffer. I was just... I was just curious," she paused for a second before speaking again.

"No, Mumma, don't say sorry, it's okay... it's not your fault," I said, holding her hands.

"Don't apologize for such silly things," I tried to reassure her.

She lifted her head to look at me, her eyes filled with tears. "I'm sorry again, Natasha... I'm sorry," she said, sobbing.

I immediately hugged her, trying to calm her down.

"No, please don't apologize, Mumma, please, it's not your fault, really," I said, pulling away from the hug and wiping her tears.

"Please don't cry," I said, holding her hands, hoping she would stop crying. I feel terrible whenever someone cries in front of me; I don't even know properly how to comfort them.

She wiped her tears herself and then looked at me. "Do you forgive me?" she asked.

"You didn't do anything wrong. Then why forgiveness? You are never wrong," I said with a smile, trying to cheer her up. "You are the best, you know that," I said and hugged her again; she also returned my embrace.

"You are precious, my daughter," she said lovingly.

My heart started beating rapidly upon hearing that.

Am I dreaming? She really said I'm precious? She really did... she said it. I'm so happy; after my mom's death, nobody had called me this lovingly except Siddharth. But hearing this from her gives me another type of happiness.

It feels like she is my real mother, my own.

I look at her with bright eyes, smiling happily.

Today, I was on cloud nine, so happy after she called me that.

As night slowly approached, everybody sat at the dining table for dinner.

As the maids served dinner to everyone, we started eating. And after like 15 minutes, Siddharth began speaking.

"I have to tell you all something," he said in his usual cold voice.

Cold in front of others, softie with me, huh? Mr. Siddharth Malhotra, you really are my fictional man.

"I'm moving back to Italy. I've taken enough holidays; now it's time to get back to work," he said coldly, without any emotions.

Hearing this, everyone was shocked, including me.

"Bhaiya, to bhabhi to humare saath rahegi, haina?" Ayush asked, as I looked at Siddharth.

"Bhaiya,then bhabhi will stay with us right?"

He looked at me and then at Ayush before answering.

"Nahi,tuje lagta h me Teri bhabhi ke Bina reh paunga?"  he replied coldly, with a stone expression.

"No, do you think I can live alone without her?"

Blood rushed to my cheeks, and I looked down, feeling both embarrassed and shy.

Isko sharam nahi aati kya?kahi bhi kuch bhi bol deta h, besharam kahika.

"Doesn't he feel ashamed? He just says anything, shameless fellow."

"Why, Siddharth? We won't get to spend time with our daughter properly," Papa said, a bit annoyed.

"Yes, Siddharth, he's right. We also want to spend time with our daughter," Mumma said.

"I don't care. We are moving to Italy, and that's it... with Natasha," he said coldly.

Honestly, I also wanted to stay here. I didn't want to leave; everyone here is so good.

"Siddharth, can't I stay here?" I asked, looking at him.

He looked at me, his gaze softened. "I mean... what will you do here? What will I do there all alone without you?" he replied gently.

"But I really wanted to stay here," I said, a bit disappointed.

"Look, bhaiya, she also doesn't want to go... now what will you do?" Rohit said.

Siddharth placed a comforting hand on mine.

"Please, try to understand, we have to go... my business... what about that? I have to manage things, Natasha," he said, as I nodded, but I was still disappointed. I sighed.

"Well, okay, what more can I say," I said, not arguing about this anymore.

Everybody went silent.

"See... she also agreed now," he said coldly to everyone, and we all proceeded to eat.

"But when are you moving?" Chachi asked.

"Yes, you didn't tell us that," Chacha ji asked.

"The day after tomorrow," he replied coldly, not looking at anyone while eating his dinner.

The day after tomorrow, that means I only have one day with this family. I'm scared to sit on planes.

"What time?" Papa asked.

"Evening, 6:30," he replied again with a cold tone.

"But I'm scared to sit on planes. I've never sat in one in my whole lifetime," I said, a bit worried, as everyone exchanged glances.

"Look, she is scared. I'm saying, leave her with us; we'll take good care of her," Chachi said, but he completely ignored that.

"You're scared?" he repeated. "It's okay. I'll be by your side. Learn to overcome your fears, alright?" he said softly as I bit slowly.

"Okay," I said in a low voice, still not convinced.

But I chose to stay silent for now.

__________________

Follow me on ig for edits and spoilers

Ig: authorjhanvi

___________________