10.Groom's House

Author's POV

As the call ends, Shreya glances beside her, only to find a worried Siddharth.

"Can you please ask her and tell me what happened to her? I'm really worried," he said, his concern evident in his voice.

"Don't worry, brother, I'll ask her," she replied with a smile, placing her hand on his shoulder.

"But I'm really worried. She sounded like she was crying. Was she in pain?" his worry growing more pronounced.

"Calm down, brother. I'll talk to her. I'll go to her house this evening. Don't worry," she reassured him, attempting to calm his nerves.

"Please let me know how she is, okay?" he requested.

"Sure, brother, I will tell you," she replied with a soft smile.

"You know I love her, right? I can't see her in pain," he admitted, a hint of sadness in his voice.

"I know, I know. You'll be the best husband for her," she reassured him, patting his back gently.

He looked down at his hand, which held their wedding invitation card, the weight of their impending union heavy on his mind. Glancing at it briefly, he lifted his head to meet Shreya's gaze, still filled with worry. Shreya offered him a reassuring smile and gently patted his back.

"Let's not think too much and get back to the decorations," she said softly, her voice infused with a sense of calm, not wanting him to become more distressed.

He nodded with a sigh, setting the card aside as they both rose from their seats. Exiting Siddharth's room, they made their way to where the decorations awaited.

They were at Siddharth's house, where Shreya had come to lend her assistance with the wedding preparations. With each passing day bringing them closer to the big day, they focused on the tasks at hand, working together to create a beautiful celebration of their love.

"I'll go and keep an eye on the lighting. You can go to where the garlands are being stitched," he said to her, dividing their tasks efficiently to ensure everything progressed smoothly.

Shreya nodded with a smile, acknowledging his instructions. Together, they walked towards their respective tasks, ready to tackle the wedding preparations with determination and teamwork.

As Shreya walked, her attention scattered, taking in the surroundings without focusing ahead. Suddenly, she collided with someone, causing them to groan as items fell from their hands. Reacting swiftly, Shreya bent down to retrieve the fallen objects.

"Can't you see—" the man began, but his scolding halted as he looked at her.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry. I didn't see," she apologized, handing him back his belongings with a sheepish smile.

Speechless, the man simply stared at her, and she returned his gaze with a friendly expression.

"Abhimanyu?" she greeted with a smile. "I'm really sorry; I didn't see you coming."

"N-no, no, it's completely fine. I'm not angry, not at all," he replied with a smile, his initial annoyance dissipating.

"What are you doing here, by the way? Helping with the decorations?" she inquired.

"Yeah, I'm here to help with the decorations too because he's my best friend, you know," he explained.

"Oh, I was also here to help with some things," she remarked.

They engaged in conversation for a few minutes until they were interrupted by a woman's voice drawing closer.

"Shreya?" the woman called out, approaching them with a smile.