Past

Author's POV

"Mom, where is dad?" Natasha asked innocently.

"Dad is in his room working, my child," her mother Rukmini replied with a smile.

"Okay," said Natasha with a smile, before starting her homework.

Natasha was just a 10-year-old little girl, living her life happily with her family. Her mother, Rukmini Agarwal, and her father, Gaurav Agarwal, loved her dearly. However, her father had mental health problems, and sometimes he would get aggressive without even realizing it. He was still undergoing treatment and taking medication from doctors for his condition.

"Finished," she said happily, as she completed her homework.

"Good girl, now let's go downstairs and have dinner, hmm?" Rukmini said, picking her up and taking her to the dining room, placing her down on the chair.

"Serve me dinner quickly," a cold and emotionless voice could be heard, and it was her father, Gaurav.

Rukmini nodded and went to the kitchen to get the food, but something terrible happened. The kitchen caught fire. Natasha and Gaurav managed to escape the house, but Rukmini got stuck inside. Slowly, the whole house caught fire, and Natasha cried uncontrollably.

"Mom, please, someone save my mother. She's still inside the house," she cried, begging to everyone around.

But unfortunately, her mother died, and Gaurav and Natasha had to move to an apartment that night. Natasha didn't know her mother had died in the incident. Gaurav was sitting in his bedroom, smoking, when Natasha came running to him and shook his arm.

"Papa, where is mom? Why didn't you bring mom with us? Answer me, where is mom?" she asked her father, who was already very frustrated.

Before she could say anything else, Gaurav slapped her hard, and she fell to the ground, holding her cheek, crying. He then grabbed her arm tightly and pulled her closer.

"Stop disturbing me and asking me the same thing. UNDERSTOOD?" he spoke in a scary and threatening tone.

She nodded, sobbing and crying.

"WORDS," Gaurav shouted.

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

अब किस दिशा जाउँ
किट मैं बसेरा पाऊं
तू जो थामे
संभल जाऊं ओ हो
साइयाँ मेरे साइयां
साइयाँ मेरे साइयां
मेरे सैया रे
साइयाँ मेरे साइयां
साइयाँ मेरे साइयां..💌

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══