23. Anger

Siddharth's POV

As we entered the bedroom, I made her sit on the bed, and I sat beside her, rubbing her back soothingly.

"What happened, Natasha?" I asked softly, knowing her situation.

But she kept sobbing and didn't answer. I got worried.

"Natasha? What happened?" I asked again.

But instead of answering, she held my arm where she scratched, and it was bleeding slightly, which didn't even hurt.

"Dard ho rha hoga,na?" she asked while looking at me.

"It must be hurting, right?"

I could tell she was guilty by looking at her eyes and her tone.

I smiled and shook my head as no.

"Of course not, my dear," I said and held her hands tenderly.

But she still looked upset, so I hugged her, rubbing her back soothingly.

"Choro ye sb or ye batao ki kya hua aapko?aachanak ne panic attack?" I asked while stroking her hair while still being in a hug.

"Leave that and tell me what happened to you? Why the panic attack all of a sudden?"

"Wo asal me," she begins hesitantly, "mummy...puch rhi thi," She paused, and I pulled away from the hug and looked at her.

"Actually,"
"Mom... asked me."

"Mummy ne kya pucha?" I asked as I frowned in confusion.

"Mom asked what?"

"Unhone mujse pucha...kaise...meri mummy ki death Hui," she said hesitantly, "aur explain krte krte-"

"She asked me... how... my mother died,"
"and while explaining-"

"Aapko panic attack aagaya?," I didn't let her complete and spoke in between.

"You got a panic attack?"

She nods, and that boiled my blood. I've told my family before also not to ask her about this, and still, Mom did.

Although I was very angry, I didn't show it much because of her. She was still very vulnerable.

"Koi baat nahi...koi aapse ye sawal nahi puchega,me wada krta hu," I said and squeezed her hand gently.

"It's okay... nobody will ask that again, I promise,"

"You need rest... sleep for a while, and you will feel better," I said as she nodded. I smiled at her.

As she lay on the bed, I pulled the blanket over her as the AC was on.

"Should I change the temperature or is this fine?" I asked, and she shook her head.

"No, it's fine," she replied, and I smiled.

"Alright then," I kissed her forehead. "You rest here, just call me whenever you want. I'll be here for you," I said and was about to leave, but she held my hand, stopping me.

"Sorry again," she said, a hint of guilt present in her voice.

"Why?" I asked in confusion.

"I hurt you," she said, disappointed, as I smiled.

"You can never hurt me, my dear," I said as she looked at me in disbelief.

"But... but the scratches, those look so painful," she said as I chuckled.

"Scratches given by you are never painful," I said with a smile.

"But... but," she began, but I put my finger on her lips.