Everything Comes Out Teenage Petulance

It took only a few hours for Theodore to realize why Percy hated ships so much. At first, it had, naturally, been exciting. But, after time, the realization that they were stuck on a single vessel, out in the middle of the ocean, with no land around for a considerable distance, struck Teddy hard. Damn that Woodward for making Theodore aware of his anxiety. These thoughts, combined with the relentless rocking of the ship, slowly back and forth, were enough to make Teddy already want to jump into the ocean. 

    It seemed that the only one among them who could enjoy himself was Everett, yet even he was struck with a sense of melancholy. So, the boys all quickly agreed to spend the rest of their day in their shared room onboard, happy to sit on their respective beds and talk rather than stare out at the ocean. 

     "Your friends seemed really excited for you, at least," Percy said to Everett as he revealed his concern over leaving the show during immense progress.

     "And you're allowed to take a break, Ev," Teddy agreed, and he pulled his cardigan out of his luggage to put on. "No one can begrudge you that."

     "No, I know," Everett agreed hesitantly. "I'm more worried about leaving Victor there if I'm honest. He's still hurt from everything with Roland, and now he's stuck there with Roland as his bloody stage manager. He needs support. He needs me there."

     Theodore could only assume that Percy and Everett had discussed the situation to some level, for Percy did not seem as confused as he would otherwise be. 

     "Victor still has Mae," Theodore attempted to offer as comfort. "And I'm sure Roland won't try anything in front of the others."

     "No, I know," Everett replied, rolling onto his back and staring up at the ceiling. He opened his mouth as if to speak more, then shook his head, shutting his eyes tight. "It's silly."

     Theodore had not spent a semester in a Brain and Behaviour course to just brush that off. 

     "Ev?" Theodore inquired. "What is it?"

     Everett looked over at them and opened his eyes, a tear forming in the corner of one. He sighed, wiping it away before it could fall. 

    "It's just us, Ev. You know you can tell us anything."

    "I know you two won't judge," Everett replied quietly. 

     "Never," Percy agreed, sitting cross-legged on the end of his bed. Theodore hadn't seen it, but he suspected that Percy was too tall to lie down in their provided bunks comfortably. 

     "It's Victor," Everett began, as if unsure how else to word it. 

     "Victor," Percy repeated. Teddy had to refrain from rolling his eyes. 

     "I feel for Victor in a way that I hadn't felt since Miguel left," Everett tried again, giving Percy a glance that begged him to understand this time. Luckily, Percy seemed to have caught on by now, his mouth opening in realization.

    Teddy couldn't say he was entirely surprised. If he were to talk to Everett about the show, the boy would most likely bring up Victor. He was always most excited to discuss the actor and his performance. Sure, Geoffrey and Lydia were good, but to Everett, Victor was a star.

     "While he was with Roland, my feelings were, I don't know-" Everett frowned, trying to find the words. Theodore and Percy waited quietly; they both knew how complicated these matters of love and attraction could be. "Easier to contain. He had a partner, and I'm not about to ruin someone else's relationship. That wouldn't be fair of me."