;🎧 Chapter 18

"..."

"..."

He shifted uncomfortably from the man, who introduced himself as Maverick, who was sitting infront of the bed. Thankfully the man kept a reasonable distance from him for personal place. But still..who wouldn't panic in a situation like this.

I mean waking up from the phantom dimension in which he DIED, and suddenly he's some at facility-or a mental asylum with a random who knows a lot about you. Of course he'd panic in this situation..he flinched when the silence disappeared after the man spoke.

"You should eat your food before it turns cold." Maverick stated.

"..why should I trust you..you probably put some substance in there." He muttered, hugging his knees, refusing to meet Maverick's eyes. He heard the chair that Maverick was sitting on creaked before hearing a utensil being picked up. He looked back to see that Maverick had picked up a piece of the food and put it in his mouth, chewing it and swallowed.

"There, I ate one. If I did put something in there I wouldn't have eaten the piece, now..will you eat the food?" Maverick asked in a softer tone this time.

He hesitated, it's true that if it did have something then he shouldn't have eaten some. But at the same time he was pretty hungry...it couldn't hurt to eat a little..

He slowly adjusted his position and sat to where the plate of food was and used the utensils to help him eat the food.

"Oh shit this is good.." He thought while munching on the food, putting another piece into his mouth. He heard Maverick chuckle a little by the sight.

"It seems you liked the food by how your posture relaxed immediately." Maverick pointed out.

"Just because nom I'm enjoying the food doesn't mean-holy shit this is so good." He muttered the last part while covering his mouth, Maverick laughed at the reaction. "It doesn't mean you earned my trust."

"Hm, that's expected. But really, I only wanted you to eat something." Maverick smiled at him.

"Why do you care so much about me? For someone who looks important and in a higher position, it's a bit weird how you're worrying about some rando.." He said while eating more. Maverick smiled by the observation, he almost seemed proud and suprised by it.

"Haha, what gave away my position?" Maverick asked.

"By the way you dress,how confident your posture looks,and that confident smirk of yours you always seem to wear gave it away." He answered with no hesitation.

"Amazing, you can tell people's statuses just by those observations?" Maverick complimented him.

"Don't try and flatter me, you can probably do that too or something." He munched on the food.

"How did you-" Maverick was about to ask again until he beat him to it.

"Just a hunch." Maverick stayed silent, honestly he expected this from him. After being left alone throughout his whole life, his observation skills would increase. "You still didn't answer my previous question. Why do you care so much about my well being?"

Maverick stayed silent for a moment before he put his hand on one of the pockets of his coat, pulling out a picture. "Here."

He looked at the picture cautiously before grabbing it from Maverick, he looked at the back of the picture first. The date was all worn out, ink disappearing so it was probably from a long time ago this thing was taken. He looked at the front and-

"..." He stayed silent while looking at the picture with wide eyes. It was the picture he kept in his pocket before he went out of the house to the graveyard, except the ripped part of the picture was taped onto the picture. It fit perfectly so it couldn't have been fake.