𝑨𝒛𝒖𝒍𝒐𝒏'𝒔 𝒈𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒔𝒖𝒄𝒌 𝒊𝒕

Chapter thirty eight
Elora

"oh no," Katara's voice cuts through the air, pulling Sokka's and my attention away from the map. We glance over the cliff's edge, spotting a thick fog rolling in below. "Sokka, you think this fog will delay the invasion?" she asks, worry evident in her voice.

Sokka springs to his feet, a big grin spreading across his face. "That is the invasion" he exclaims, pointing as five Water Tribe ships emerge from the fog.

We all bolt down to the rocky shore. Toph and I team up, bending the earth to form docks that rise from the water, letting everyone hop off the boats. Sokka and Katara dash over to their dad, wrapping him in big, relieved hugs.

"You made it, Dad!" Katara beams, her eyes shining with relief.

"Elora, it's good to see you again," Hakoda smiles warmly at me as he and his kids part ways.

"It's good to see you too, Chief," I reply, feeling a weight lift off my shoulders.

"Did you manage to find everyone I mentioned?" Sokka queries, a hint of concern in his voice.

"I did," Hakoda nods. "But I'm a bit worried, Sokka. Some of these guys aren't exactly the warrior type." He lowers his voice, casting a pointed look towards the docks where two familiar swamp folks are disembarking from the boats.

"Whooo-whee! This place sure ain't no swamp," Due exclaims, his eyes darting around with wonder.

"Hey, Tho, you think that's one of them Fire Nation booby traps that'll gobble you up?" Due points at a rock protruding from the water.

"It's just a rock, Due," Tho replies, his voice calm and collected.

"Well, slap me sideways!" Due exclaims, his grin widening in disbelief.

"Are they a little lose in the leaf head, or is it just me?" Hakoda asks, raising an eyebrow.

"I just wish they'd put on some pants," Bato mutters, catching Tho's attention.

"Pants are an illusion...and so is death," Tho proclaims, leaving us all scratching our heads in confusion.

"Hi, Katara," a familiar voice calls out from behind. We all spin around to find Haru approaching with a grin.

"Haru! It's been too long!" Katara exclaims, rushing over to embrace him.

I join in the hug, grinning at him. "Nice 'stache. Going for a new look?" I tease.

"Just trying out a little Chang," he replies with a chuckle

"Toph, meet Haru. His town was under Fire Nation control when we first met him, so he had to keep his earthbending a secret," Aang introduces Haru to Toph.

"Katara's bravery inspired us to reclaim our village," Haru adds, his father, Tyro, joining the conversation.

"You gave us the courage to fight back, Katara. Now we're here for you," Tyro says warmly.

Before Toph can continue, Hippo lumbers over and engulfs her in a hug. "Hippo missed the Blind Bandit!" he exclaims with a grin.

"You guys up for a rematch?" Toph challenges with a smirk.

"The Boulder and The Hippo no longer fight for the crowd's entertainment. We fight for our kingdom now!" The Boulder proclaims proudly.

"Sweet" Toph replies with a grin.

Suddenly, an explosion erupts from behind Sokka, Hakoda, and me. We rush over to find Teo, Pipsqueak, and the Duke disembarking from the damaged boat, accompanied by an older man I've never met before.