𝑴𝒚 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕. 𝑴𝒚 𝒇𝒖𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆. 𝑴𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒍

Chapter two
Elora

The fire navy ship sliced through the tranquil waters of the South Pole, its prow cutting through the mirrored surface with determined precision. As the ship surged forward, I stood alongside Aang on the deck, flanked by guards who kept a watchful eye on us. Meanwhile, the fire nation boy, whom I had aptly named the "piss pot," examined our gliders with a calculating gaze, his intentions unclear.

"These staves will make excellent gifts for my father," the boy remarked, his voice dripping with smugness as he glanced up at us. His attempt to provoke a reaction was evident, his words designed to pierce through our stoic façade.

"I suppose you wouldn't know what fathers are being raised by monks and nuns" he taunts trying to get a reaction out of us.

I clenched my fists, refusing to let his taunts get to me. Despite the anger bubbling beneath the surface, I maintained my composure, unwilling to give him the satisfaction of a response.

"Take the kid to the prison hold and take these to my quarters," the piss pot ordered, his tone commanding as he handed our gliders to an elderly man standing nearby. With a nod, the guards seized Aang's arms, their grip firm as they began to drag him away.

Aang glanced back at me, his eyes filled with reassurance, but it did little to ease the knot of worry tightening in my chest. As he was led away, I watched helplessly, a sinking feeling settling in the pit of my stomach.

I turned to face him, my expression carefully neutral, refusing to give him the satisfaction of seeing any fear in my eyes. I had a gut feeling that he didn't know what he was doing, and I wasn't about to let him see me falter.

As a soft breeze swept through, tousling my long hair and obscuring my vision, I shook my head to clear it. With my brown eyes shielded, I focused on the distant horizon, where the gentle dance of the wind created ripples across the water's surface.

"I have spent two years searching for you," he informed me, his voice carrying a note of determination.

"Before me, my grandfather, and before him, his father—decades of searching," he concluded, his words weighted with significance.

"Stalking runs in the family?" I couldn't help but quip, raising a skeptical eyebrow as I met his glare head-on.

As the fire nation piss pot prepared to speak, a cacophony of shouts erupted below deck, catching both of our attention. We turned just in time to witness Aang's swift arrival on deck, his agile form darting towards us. With no hesitation, he unleashed a powerful gust of air towards the fire nation soldier, who was caught off guard and sent sprawling back, crashing onto the unforgiving metal floor with a resounding shout of shock.

Without missing a beat, Aang sprinted towards me, his determination evident as he seized my wrist and pulled me along with him. We dashed into a nearby room, the urgency of our escape palpable. Inside, a ladder beckoned, its rungs promising escape from the chaos unfolding on deck.

Releasing my wrist, Aang and I wasted no time in scaling the ladder, our feet pounding against the metal steps as we ascended. Bursting into the control room, we were met with a flurry of activity as crew members scrambled to maintain order amidst the commotion. Aang tossed my glider to me, his movements swift and determined, as we both made our way towards the watchtower at the vessel's helm.