𝒄𝒐𝒐𝒍 𝒘𝒆'𝒓𝒆 𝒐𝒖𝒕𝒕𝒂 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆

Chapter Nine
Elora

"Have you seen Momo?" I inquired, scanning the area while my friends sat beside Appa.

Katara, Aang, and Sokka exchanged glances before shaking their heads in unison. "Not since earlier this morning," Aang responded before rising to his feet, dusting off his clothes. Together, we ventured into the forest in search of Momo.

Suddenly, the piercing screeches of trapped animals pierced the air, drawing our attention upward. Momo and two howler monkeys were ensnared in traps dangling from the tree branches.

"Hang on, Momo!" I called out, leaping up into the treetops. With gentle precision, I lowered the trap into Katara and Aang's waiting arms. They swiftly opened the trap, freeing the grateful lemur.

"These traps are Fire Nation. You can tell by the metalwork. We better pack up camp and get moving," Sokka observed, examining the cold metal with a frown. As he spoke, another round of screeches echoed through the forest. We gazed up to find two more howler monkeys trapped above us.

"Alright, you two," Aang declared, preparing to leap up and release them.

"This is going to take forever," Sokka grumbled, drawing his boomerang and expertly hurling it to free the howler monkeys from their traps.

As I watched him effortlessly handle the situation, a thought slipped into my mind.

Why is he so attractive even when he's doing the most random things?

What? No way. He's not.

Okay, maybe just a little.

"That works too," Aang chimed in as he gracefully leaped back down to the ground.

we trod back to camp, the urgency of our movements evident as we hurried to pack and load all of our supplies. Just as I extended another bag of supplies up to Aang, Sokka came charging over with flailing arms.

"No flying this time!" he bellowed, snatching the supplies from my grasp and setting them down behind him.

"What do you mean no flying?" I inquired, feeling a twinge of irritation at his abruptness.

"Think about it. Somehow, Prince Zuko and the Fire Nation keep tracking us down. It's because they spot Appa. He's just too noticeable," Sokka reasoned, earning unimpressed looks from both Katara and me.

"What? Appa's not noticeable!" Katara retorted, striding over to join the conversation.

"He's a giant fluffy monster with an arrow on his head! He's hard to miss!" Sokka rambled, gesturing upward toward the flying bison, who let out a low growl of complaint.

"Don't be mean to Appa, nut brain," I shot back, offering a soothing rub to Appa's side.

"Sokka's just jealous because he doesn't have an arrow," Aang interjected, a playful smile tugging at his lips as he addressed Appa.

"I know you all want to take to the skies, but my instincts are telling me we should play it safe this time and travel on foot," Sokka declared, folding his arms across his chest with determination.

"Who made you the boss?" Katara scoffed, prompting Sokka to turn his attention toward his sister.

"I'm not the boss; I'm the leader," Sokka retorted with a pointed finger, asserting his authority.

"You're the leader? But your voice still cracks!" Katara teased, unable to suppress a laugh as Sokka shook his head in mock indignation.

"Oof," I muttered, my tone playful as I chuckled along.