𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓

Chapter thirty four
Elora

The morning sunlight filtered through the bustling marketplace, casting a warm glow over the cheerful faces of the townsfolk. We sat at a quaint outdoor restaurant, savoring the aroma of freshly cooked food wafting through the air.

"These people have no idea how close they were to getting toasted last night," Aang remarked, his voice tinged with a mix of relief and disbelief as he glanced around at the lively scene.

But my attention was drawn to Sokka, who sat at the edge of the building's deck, his usual wit overshadowed by a cloud of sadness. He pushed his food around his plate, his gaze distant and troubled. My heart clenched at the sight of him, knowing that something was bothering him deeply. I wanted to reach out, to offer comfort, but his solemn demeanor made it difficult to find the right words.

As I watched him, a wave of concern washed over me, mingling with my own sense of unease. His pain resonated with mine, amplifying the heaviness in my chest. Despite the vibrant atmosphere around us, his melancholy cast a shadow over the morning, dampening my own spirits.

" Toph says as she takes a bite of her food, her voice tinged with nostalgia.

Sokka slumps in his seat, his shoulders drooping with a heavy weight. "Boo-hoo, poor heroes," he mumbles, his tone betraying a hint of melancholy.

Katara furrows her brow, concern evident in her voice.

"What's your problem? You haven't even touched your smoked sea slug," she observes, casting a sideways glance at Sokka, searching for an explanation behind his despondent demeanor.

"It's just... all you guys can do this awesome bending stuff like putting out forest fires, and flying around, and making it snow, and making other stuff fly around," Sokka says, his voice heavy with a sense of inadequacy. "I can't fly around, okay? I can't do anything," he adds, his tone tinged with sadness.

As Sokka's words hang in the air, I feel a sharp pang in my chest, as if a rope has been tied around my heart, squeezing it painfully. Seeing him struggle with his feelings of inferiority fills me with a mixture of empathy and sorrow.

"That's not true, Sokka. No one can read a map like you," I assure him, mustering a smile to brighten his spirits.

"I can't read at all," Toph adds, chiming in to try to make him feel better.

"Yeah, and who keeps us laughing with sarcastic comments all the time? I mean, look at Katara's hair, right? What's up with that?" Aang teases, pointing to Katara's hair.

"What? What's wrong with my hair?" Katara asks, feeling embarrassed as she touches her hair.

"Nothing, I was just trying to-" Aang begins to explain, but he's cut off before he can finish.

"Look, I appreciate the effort, but the fact is each of you is so amazing and so special, and I'm not. I'm just the guy in the group who's regular," Sokka says with a sigh.

His words hit me hard, and I march over to him, determined to make him see differently. I sit down beside him and gently grab his chin, making him look at me.

"Nothing and I mean nothing about you is regular. You're something different, something inspirational, and that might sound a little cheesy but it's true, Sokka. You have a brave, pure heart with a brilliant mind. The plans and things you come up with are utterly amazing. I look at you sometimes and I can't believe you exist," I let out, pouring my sincerity into every word. He looks at me, his eyes reflecting a mix of surprise, gratitude, and something else I can't quite place.