𝑯𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒐 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓

Chapter one

I'm gonna kill him

Is the first thought that popped in my head as my consciousness gradually returned, before I remember that it was in fact not aang who was the reason to whatever shenanigan we were in now. It was me and so I wake with a dull pain underlying the numbness in my body and the sudden feeling of someone aggressively poking my head with what felt like a stick, intensifying the throbbing in my head.

"Stop it!" A girl's voice echoed my thoughts, expressing exactly what I intended to say—or rather, yell.

"What? she's probably dead I'm just checking"

Even before opening my eyes, I knew I wasn't at home. The biting cold pressing against my skin and the air itself sent shivers down my spine.

Where am I?

Struggling to recall recent events, my focus fixated on the urg to check on Aang. Blinking away the sleep-induced blur, I found myself met with the concerned gaze of a girl around my age, her ocean-blue eyes filled with confusion and worry.

Hmm she's so pretty

"So...how's it going?" I managed, unsure of what else to say to a stranger cradling me in the middle of nowhere. Startled by my awkward attempt at conversation, she responded with evident confusion looking at me as if I had caterpillars for ears. Behind her stood a boy with matching blue eyes, giving me a suspicious look while brandishing what looked like a spear.

Well, isn't this charming.

Summoning my airbending to rise, I scanned our surroundings, greeted by icy waters, snow, and shattered ice chunks—evidence of some chaotic event like an explosion.

"What's going on here?" I voiced my confusion, racking my brain for memories. The last recollection was leaving the air temple with Aang, yet he was nowhere to be seen.

"You tell us! How did you get in the ice, and why aren't you frozen?" The boy interrogated, prodding me once more with his spear.

That's it. One more poke, and he's getting kicked.

Before I could retort, he reached for a strand of my wavy brown hair, inspecting it with a frown before he slightly tugs at it

"bouncy" he acknowledges and heat like hot oil spatters across my face from embarrassment as I swatted his hand away glaring at him.

Then, amidst the chaos, Aang's voice echoed

"Wake up buddy!" alarmed by the sudden sound of his voice they glanced at the giant block of ice behind me the voice seeming to have come from across.

"Aang!" I called out, attempting to climb the ice with my airbending's aid. I crossed the block and fell on my ass in the process the snow instantly damping my robes but nothing a little airbending can't help.

Aang's head whipped in my direction

"Elora!" He ran over to me
"are you okay?" He asked helping me up and scanning me to ensure  my well-being before we attempted to wake Appa, we shaked him and played with his face to wake him up but no progress

But what did we expect? when our fluffy friend sleeps he is one with the dead

"What is that thing?!" I heard the pretty boy's shrill voice ask from behind me

"This is appa my flying bison" replied aang excitedly not even caring that two strangers came out of nowhere asking him about his giant pet 

How is he this cheerful? I feel like my head is about to explode