𝑮𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒅

Chapter thirty five
Elora

As the sun bathed us in its warm glow during our pit stop, Aang, Katara, Toph, and I gathered for our training session. Sometimes, our practices went smoothly, while other times, they devolved into chaos.

With a headband obscuring my vision, I relied on my earthbending instincts to evade the rocks hurtling towards me. Simultaneously, I grappled with Katara's swirling water and Aang's gusts of air, a challenging feat considering I couldn't see their attacks coming.

"Nice one, flame head. Remember to visualize before you strike," Toph coached, sending a boulder hurtling towards me. However, her aim went astray, and the rock ended up striking Katara square in the stomac.

I feel Katara hitting the ground with a grunt, and she doesn't hold back, firing back at Toph, "Maybe you should take your own advice, Toph!"Toph doesn't miss a beat, her comeback sharp as ever, "What's the matter? Can't handle a little dirt, madam fussy britches?"Katara, undeterred, retaliates with a wave of water from the nearby pond. "Oh, sorry, did I splash you, mud slug?" She taunts, the tension between them rising.

Amidst the clash of elements, Toph jumps onto a rock wave while Katara maneuvers atop ice. They charge straight at each other, colliding in a spectacular clash before being sent flying in opposite directions.

"Uh, are we taking a break?" Aang's voice cuts through the chaos, prompting me to wonder if that means I should finally remove my blindfold.

"Sneak attack!" Sokka's battle cry echoes a few feet behind me as I sense his approach.

I effortlessly intercept him with my earthbending.

"Sokka, sneak attacks don't work if you yell them out loud," Aang scolds as I remove my blindfold, taking in the scene.

Grunting sounds from the other two girls steal our attention. "Hungry for a mud pie?" Toph taunts as she pushes mud into Katara's face.

"I'll give you a mud pie," Katara retorts, her voice dripping with annoyance. I shake my head at their antics. I've learned that when those two start, it's best to let them tire themselves out.

They continue their back-and-forth, bending and arguing, until Aang finally speaks up, "Uh, guys. I thought we were supposed to be training, Elora."

The tension dissipates as Aang's reminder grounds the girls, bringing a quick end to their squabble.

Katara steps forward, her demeanor now composed, "Very well, pupil. I believe we've had enough training for today." With that, she gracefully exits the scene.

"While Katara cleans up," Toph quips with a smirk, bending the mud off her body, "let's go have some fun."

Got it, let's add some wit to the scene:

"You guys go, I'm gonna clean up too," I declare, eyeing Sokka aang and Toph with a mix of warning and amusement. "Stay out of trouble."

They all exchange knowing glances, their smirks barely contained. "Don't worry, we'll behave," Sokka assures me with a wink, though his mischievous grin says otherwise.

"Don't make me regret leaving you three unsupervised," I warn playfully before turning to follow Katara.

"I don't get why you all poke fun at my anger issues when yours are just as fiery," I chuckle, my eyes dancing with amusement, as Katara arches a skeptical eyebrow in response As I begin waterbending to clean off the sweat from my face and neck

"They're not the same; my anger issues are just me scolding the four of you, while yours involve yelling, insulting, and threatening everyone in sight," she quips with a smirk, her hands deftly bending water around her to rinse off the mud.