Epilogue

Aariz walked into the Chinese restaurant with Solani holding on to his left finger

Aariz walked into the Chinese restaurant with Solani holding on to his left finger. "Can I get egg rolls pleaseeeee" She looked up at him with pleading eyes.

"You always get egg rolls fat mama" he shook his head. "So you always get the general chicken" she sassed back making him mug her.

She mugged him back and held her stare. "Get ya own egg rolls" he mumbled. "Noooo I'm sorryyyy" she whined hugging his leg as he stepped forward.

"We got to hurry so we can eat with mommy" She glanced at the counter impatiently since it was one more person in front of them.

"Give it a second girl" he chuckled ruffling her hair. She held her arms up making him suck his teeth but he still lifted her. "You the best daddy in the whole world" she mumbled laying her head on him.

"What you need" he straight faced her knowing she was only saying it because she needed something. "Well the book fair is next week and I want to buy stuff" she admitted.

"Let me check your grades tonight and I'll go based off that" he bargained. She quickly nodded her head knowing her grades always looked great. Solani was a book worm, so she wanted to enroll in a summer program for fun.

As it was their turn to order Aariz secured his hold on her before walking up. "Carry out or eat in" The worker asked with a thick accent.

"Carry out" he confirmed. The man nodded his head letting him know to go ahead with his order. "Ight can I get a Large plate of General Chicken with shrimp fried rice and vegetables. Then I need a small plate of sesame chicken, same sides and four egg rolls" he finished glancing at the time on his phone.

He glanced back up as the man told him his total, pulling out his card he paid for their food before they made their way to a table to wait.

"Three for me one for you" she grinned referring to the egg rolls. "Two and two" he grinned back laughing as she shook her head no.

"You lucky I even want to give you one" she shrugged making the same nonchalant face he usually held. She was the pure reflection of him and Lorrie. From the attitude, the facial expressions, the things she ate and to the way she acted, she was their reflection.

"Damn fatmama it's like that" He faked hurt. She shrugged again looking at him. He shook his head and continued to wait on their food.

"Order 191" the man from earlier called out. Aariz got up and waited for Solani before they made it to the counter to get the food.

"I can carry it" she happily spoke reaching out. He handed her the bag before guiding her to the truck. Solani glanced at the security guards before huffing. "Dang did we need to get y'all food too daddy why they always staring" she frowned at them.

"Girl get in the car" he chuckled opening the back door. He helped her into her seat before strapping her in and making sure she was secured.

"You better wait for mama too" he looked in the rear view mirror. She smirked a little before covering her face. "Fineeee" she groaned.