6

Lorrie firmly knocked on the chestnut colored door, not bothering to check if she had her key or not

     Lorrie firmly knocked on the chestnut colored door, not bothering to check if she had her key or not. She glanced back at the car she had just emerged from to see her bestfriend still parked in the drive way. Sariyah waited until she entered the home fully to pull off. As Tevin opened the door with a slight smirk Lorrie could feel all the emotions she had pushed down the night prior flood her.

Aariz ended dropping Lorrie off at Riyah's place this morning to her discretion. She just didn't want Tevin to see her getting out of his car and get the wrong idea. The girls stopped and did a little self care before she ultimately decided to go home.

Lorrie brushed past him as the scent of his signature cologne engulfed her nose and headed to their bedroom. She had taken a shower at Aariz place but she had a special love for her own bathroom and shower products. Grabbing clothes she entered the bathroom and locked the door behind her.

She was halfway into her shower when she heard Tevin knocking just like she knew he would. She glanced at the door before ignoring him and continued scrubbing her body under the extremely hot water enjoying the burn as she distracted herself from her reality.

Showering had to be her favorite thing in the world. People tended to do different things when they were depressed or trouble. Some people cut themselves, others indulged in drugs whereas Lorrie showered in scorching hot water that would leave red marks all over her bright smooth skin.

It had been her coping method since she was 16. Was it painful, yes, but it often took her mind off of everything she was going through. Though beautiful on the outside lorrie was a troubled girl.

"We locking doors now" Tevin spoke on the other side of the door. She scoffed rinsing her body off. "We leaving our wife stranded now" she shot back shook at the audacity of him.

She could hear him loudly groan making her shrug. "How am I wrong for letting you act like a child. If you knew you didn't want to be on the side of the road why get out the car. The shit don't make sense Lorianna. I'm not playing cat and mouse with you I'm a grown ass man" He spat getting irritated again. He was growing quite irritated with how his wife would cause things on herself then play victim.

Lorrie ignored him as she cut the water off and stepped out. She huffed eyeing her clothes that sat on her marble countertops. She usually hated getting dressed in the bathroom because all of the steam and moving around made her light headed but she didn't want Tevin to see her naked. "What was I supposed to do" he continued sighing in defeat.

"I don't know maybe not leave me stranded on the fucking Highway in the dark. You didn't even check on me I could be fucking dead right now" she yelled snatching the door open and pushing past him. When she had time to process she thought of all the things that could have happened to her.

"You wouldn't have answered if I called anyway. I told you I was leaving if you got out and you still did it" He frowned at her confused. He honestly didn't see the problem. If he would have begged her to get in the car she would have snapped and if he would've blew up her phone she would have blocked him.