16

"You got a glow about you" Maria spoke looking at her daughter as she ate strawberries out of the container

"You got a glow about you" Maria spoke looking at her daughter as she ate strawberries out of the container. "Mama don't start" Lorrie whined while waving her off.

"Oh but I am. Why you glowing boo" Her mom put her hand on her hip eyeing her suspiciously. "And don't say Tevin dusty ass got you glowing" she scoffed making Lorrie laugh. She told her mother they were separated but working on their marriage still, which they were. Things were surprisingly going smooth aside from the fact that someone else had her attention.

"Yea why you glowing fatgirl" her dad walked in the kitchen putting his arm around her shoulder. "Stopppp yall so nosey. Ive been journaling my feelings and feeling better" she smiled. Her mind drifted to Aariz.

The two hadn't pursued anything more than friendship still but they spent more time together than previously. She let him know the truth of her and Tevin's marriage and he had been there for her in anyway he could.

"Hellloooo, Lord just tell me who he is I'm not gone judge you girl" her mom spoke once her dad walked out breaking her daydream. "I'm the one who told you not keep your eggs in one basket anyway" she shrugged. Her mother never approved of Tevin so she always wanted her to explore her options. Hence not putting your eggs in one basket which she ultimately did do, and ended up married.

"Mommy, he's a friend ok. My bestfriend and that's it. I'm working on my relationship with Tevin" Lorrie blushed. "You as red as them strawberries talking about friend. You hunching that man?" Her mother blurted while staring at her.

Lorrie choked on the piece of strawberry in her mouth as she looked at her mother with wide eyes. Maria laughed lightly as Lorrie cleared her throat.

"Can you stop I'm not doing anything with him" She put the fruit back into the fridge before grabbing a body armor. "Mhm I'll be here when you ready to talk"

"Mommy I'm homeee!" Riyah sung loudly walking into the house. "Don't come in here being loud Sariyah I'll kick you right back out" Maria scolded making Riri pout and drop her head on her shoulder.

"You don't even miss me" Riyah whined. "How could she when you was just here yesterday and the day before that and—" Jonah started.

"Alright now pops you running out" she smacked her teeth cutting him off. Lorrie laughed at the two bickering before she got up and hugged her bestfriend.

"I feel like I haven't seen you since your hosting last month" Sariyah pouted growing genuinely sad now. Maria watched in silence as she wiped down an already clean counter.

"I know it's been a lot going on. I'll catch you up I promise" Lorrie assured her. "Oop this about e—"

"Hush!" Lorrie exclaimed looking at her mother who was already looking at her. "Ooouuu" sariyah spoke to herself knowing she almost slipped. In her defense Lorrie told their mom everything except this apparently.