Ch 22: New Admission

The school library buzzed with activity as Vinay and Ayaan reluctantly began their assigned tasks under the watchful eye of Mr

The school library buzzed with activity as Vinay and Ayaan reluctantly began their assigned tasks under the watchful eye of Mr. Ravish Mahajan, the librarian. Vinay clad in a red shirt and black pants, his messy hair and rolled up sleeves adding to his charm, listened intently as Mr. Mahajan explained the intricacies of organizing the new book deliveries. Whilst Ayaan clad in an all black outfit, looked dashing as always, his usual air of nonchalance evident, glancing around the library, taking in the rows of neatly stacked books and the serenading silence.

"Seems like we're in for a thrilling day," he remarked sarcastically to Vinay, who offered a wry smile in response. As Mr. Mahajan continued his instructions, the library door swung open, drawing everyone's attention. In walked Chaaya, her vibrant red short bandhani print kurti and blue ankle length jeans adding a stark contrast to the subdued surroundings of the library. Vinay and Ayaan exchanged surprised glances, "Chaaya?", Ayaan exclaimed, his eyes widening in disbelief.

Vinay's eyebrows shot up in surprise as he caught sight of Chaaya, her presence catching him off guard. "What's she doing here?" Vinay murmured to Ayaan, a hint of confusion in his voice. Ayaan shrugged, equally perplexed by Chaaya's unexpected appearance. "Beats me. Maybe she got roped into library duty like us." Whilst they murmured to each other about Chaaya, Mr. Mahajan greeted her with a warm smile. "Well, well, look who's here," Mr. Mahajan exclaimed, gesturing towards Chaaya.

"Our school's resident library enthusiast has graced us with her presence." Chaaya returned Mr. Mahajan's smile, her eyes twinkling with familiarity, "Sir, please don't! Don't tease me right now, at least not in front of my classmates," she whined. Mr. Mahajan chuckled at her reaction. She then with a cheerful voice greeted him, "Also, Good morning, sir," her gaze then shifted to Vinay and Ayaan who stood behind him. "Um, hi guys," she added, a hint of warmth in her tone.

Vinay and Ayaan stared at them in utter disbelief, unsure of what to make of her unexpected appearance and the rapport between her and Ravish sir."Hi Chaaya!" Vinay exclaimed, his voice still laced with confusion and surprise. Ayaan raised an eyebrow, a smirk playing on his lips, "Well, well, well, look Vinay, who do we have here?", he couldn't resist teasing her about her unexpected presence, earning a playful glare from Chaaya.

"Ah, Chaaya, perfect timing," Ravish sir said, his tone filled with appreciation. "Since you're already familiar with the library procedures, I'll assign you the role of the supervisor for these two gentlemen, Vinay and Ayaan today." To Ayaan and Vinay's astonishment, Mr. Mahajan appointed Chaaya as their supervisor for the day. Chaaya nodded, a sense of responsibility evident in her demeanor, "Of course, sir," she replied, stepping forward to join Vinay and Ayaan.

As they set about their tasks, Chaaya couldn't help but feel a sense of satisfaction at being able to be back with her love, these books. They worked for almost over an hour continuously when Vinay approached Chaaya's table in the library. He noticed her busy organizing the books, her brow furrowed in concentration. He hesitated for a moment, then decided to interrupt her to share the latest updates about his conversations with Manvi.