Ch3 : Benchmates

Vinay had been thinking about Chaaya and what she said and did for them for a while but then her thoughts left his mind when his friends called for him

The next morning Chaaya's father called her name out loud and she repeated the same routine. She laid down her school uniform on her bed. It was a pretty beige coloured shirt with a horrendous checked skirt having the combination orange and blue. Apparently, their dress was inspired by K-dramas according to their teachers. But, Chaaya knew better, none of the K-dramas Or C-dramas, she watched, had this bad a dress. It was pretty considering the many other Indian schools but really bad if compared to K or C dramas.

After getting ready, she had spare time due to her little brother, who was late as always. She didn't like to have her breakfast in the morning, since they'd eat in between their classes. She logged onto her Webigram account and then just scrolled lazily. She checked her notifications, only to find a few comments on her latest post. Three of the comments were just Rini telling everyone, how, she had the prettiest best friend in the world.

She smiled at Rini's over exaggeration and replied to all the comments but she was a bit taken aback when she saw that Aaron had sent her a follow request. For her, he was a cool kid, belonging to the popular group and she was just an ordinary girl. But, she was not ready for what she saw next, "What the heck?", she almost yelled but controlled upon seeing her parents there.

Mr. Ayaan Khan had sent her a follow request too. The man who only followed 9 people out of which three were his family, two were famous cricketers, four were his friends. If it would have been any other girl, they'd have been over the moon on seeing that but she wasn't like them, she was not the one to fall for his looks. She deleted his request but accepted Aaron's request.

When she reached school and entered her classroom, she saw her class teacher Mrs. Nisha scolding the students who bunked. "May I come in ma'am?", came two voices at the same time. Both Vinay and Chaaya had entered the classroom together. Nisha ma'am smiled upon seeing Chaaya and spoke in a soft tone, "Chaaya, Vinay come inside. I was waiting for you Chaaya, beta. Vinay, you also. Come here quick both of you."

Both Chaaya and Vinay quickly entered the classroom, kept their bags on their respective seats and moved towards the teacher's table. Upon noticing Chaaya beside her Nisha ma'am continued talking, "Yesterday all of these students were bunking. Your headmistress was the one on round, she wanted that a strict punishment, be given to these students. Chaaya beta, you are the monitor so you have to make sure of it, that they all follow the punishment, okay?"

Chaaya nodded her head in response, "Yes ma'am, you don't worry. I'll make sure of it." Nisha ma'am smiled at her response and continued further, "These students are not to be seated together. Instead, all of them have to sit on the first or second desk along with their partners assigned by me. Aaron has to sit with Yashika, Ayaan has to sit with Nivedita and Vinay will sit with Rini, Satvik will sit with Nidhi and Eklavya will sit with Ankita."