Ch1: Welcome to Chaaya's World

As the sun rose its bright golden rays shining enhanced the color of the clouds surrounding making the beautiful scenery a treat to the beholder's eyes

Somewhere in a quaint house, a young princess slumbered peacefully and soundly, when suddenly a loud shriek is heard, "Chaayaa" , disturbing the sleeping angel's most precious sleep. She slowly starts opening her eyes all the while rubbing them. As soon as the poor girl opened her eyes, only then she realizes who stood in front of her bed. "Papaji," she muttered meekly and swiftly rose from her bed and rushed to brush her teeth.

After folding the sheets in Chaaya's room and switching off the fan, her father emerged out from her room, discovering that Chaaya impatiently searched for something. His face turns into a frown but upon noticing her face, he understood what she was trying to look for. He forwards them towards her and she quickly takes it from his hand, "Thank you Papaji, I've been looking for my specs for 5 minutes and was unable to find them," she speaks and then quickly rushes back to her room to get her school uniform.

She comes out of the bathroom after bathing and dressing up, when she finds her mother stepping down from the staircase that leads to their terrace. She instantly understands that her mom had gone to meet her brothers and sisters.
Although, she only had one sibling in reality who was 9 years younger to her. But, for her mother the plants on her terrace were her children. So Chaaya called those plants her brothers and sisters.

She was occasionally envious of her mother's devotion to the plants, as her mother would always be taking care of them, even more than she ever took care of Chaaya. As soon as Chaaya's mommy dearest would wake up, she would visit the plants, before sleeping, she'd go visit the plants and during the day, if she was free she'd be with the plants.
Despite bearing all these thoughts in her mind, Chaaya wished her mother a good morning and rushed to completely get ready. Her mother smiled looking at her, rushing over here and there.

Hailing from a modest, middle-class family with both parents employed as government educators, Chaaya often felt the burden of their expectations. Her father, a secondary school science teacher, and her mother, a primary teacher, prioritised their children's education. Since, she wasn't an only child, her parents were more concerned about her and her brother's future and especially so, because by the time Chaaya's father retires, her brother, Roshan will only be in his 12th standard and Chaaya would only be in Post-grad college.

Chaaya Malhotra had only two dreams, the first one was to become a psychiatrist and the second one was to find her one true love. Her mother however had different views than her, she wanted Chaaya to be independent and strong, both physically and mentally, drawing from her own life experiences.

Upon completing her preparations, Chaaya departed for her school along with her brother and father. They managed to leave their house on time otherwise Chaaya and Roshan would have been dead meet today.

When she was walking towards her classroom someone called her out from behind, "Chiyu, wait baby!", came a huffed voice. She stopped and looked behind, only to find her dearest best friend giving her a toothy smile, Ms. Rini Oberoi. Chaaya smiled back at her and gave her a side hug at which Rini squinted her eyes. She loved Chaaya a lot but she hated hugs. Still Chaaya would hug her tight much to Rini's dismay.

Rini was wearing light kohl on her eyes with a tinted lipbalm. If it would've been permitted, Rini would do a proper makeup look and come to school as she loved makeup. But on the other hand, Chaaya never cared about makeup. She always avoided makeup. Although she had loved dressing up and wearing lovely earrings and bangles but, never did she like Makeup. She loved to be natural and that's just how Chaaya was.

Rini was possessive about Chaaya whilst Chaaya loved teasing her. Chaaya hated cursing whilst Rini was a pro in it. Rini was an overspender whilst Chaaya loved bargaining. Chaaya didn't understand double meaning jokes whilst Rini could invent millions of those. These two best friends had different choices and opinions but despite their divergent interests, they remained inseparable, akin to magnets with opposing poles. If anybody hurt Chaaya intentionally, Rini would literally go and rip apart that person with her words. 

Since the two best friends had now met each other, their non stop chit-chat started. Rini started talking about her boyfriend and telling Chaaya about all that had been happening in her life and Chaaya told her about the gossip in school. Their conversation flowed effortlessly as they exchanged updates on their lives. There was no news in her school that Chaaya Malhotra didn't know, renowned for her trustworthiness, she'd always get to know about things without even asking.

Within no time they reached their classroom, 12th C . "I am happy, I don't have to listen to your ongoing talk about your boyfriend at least when the teacher is teaching," joked Chaaya. "By any chance, are you jealous of me, Ms. Chaaya Malhotra, since you don't have a boyfriend? Do you want me to get you one, darling?", teased Rini, instantly turning back the situation onto Chaaya. Chaaya scoffed, "Oh Please! Who's interested in getting a real boyfriend Ri baby, when I already have many fictional ones", she winked while saying the last sentence.

"Yes, yes. I know you are happy with your fictional men. No wait, not your, our fictional men," Rini replied and then turned her gaze onto Chaaya. As soon as they both saw each other's faces, they both burst out laughing. They then settled into their accustomed seats, third bench of the last row, by the window has always been their desk—their cherished locus for gossiping, commiserating, and confiding—an intimate nook they affectionately dubbed "Their Adda."

So guys, that's it for the first chapter

I hope you liked it and if you did please vote and comment.

This is an introduction to Chaaya's little world, her family consisting of her father, her mother, her brother and all the plants, as well as Rini, her bestfriend

Word Count : 1075 words

With love ❤
Signing off
Vee