|23|

Liv's POV:

"Jack I need to go I'm about to drive." I said into my phone.

"Okay baby girl, see you when you get home." No, Jack and I weren't dating. We're just really close friends. We weren't that close before but now, he was like my best friend.

I shoved my bags in the back of my car and drove away. I pulled into the driveway of the Jacks and I's home in a few short minutes. I grasped the multiple shopping bags in my hands and used my strength to carry them to the front door. Once I swung open the door, I dropped the bags with a thud on the ground and shut the door behind me.

"Honey I'm home." I goofed.

I heard footsteps approaching the living room where I was standing. Jack soon stood in front of me. The height difference having him tower over me.

"Your finally home babygirl." His strong arms wrapped around my frame and his chin rested on the top of my head. My face dug into his chest and I inhaled the strong scent of his cologne.

"I was only gone a few hours." I chuckled.

"Whatever I missed you." I laughed once more and pulled away from our hug. I walked in the kitchen looking for something to snack on. Jack trailed behind me, sitting on a bar stool as I rummaged through our cabinets.

"We have no food." I whined. My back lean up against the island and my lips formed a frown.

"How about we make cookies?" Jack suggested. My eyes lit up like Christmas trees, I raced to the cabinets to look for the ingredients. I found all of them and spread them out over the radius of the countertop.

"Jackie can you get the eggs for me?" I made my signature puppy dog eyes towards him.

"Fine, only because your cute," He said walking to the fridge. "and just because your cute doesn't mean that you can call me that." He handed over the carton of eggs to me and I rested
them on the counter next to some other random ingredients.

I mixed all the dry ingredients in one bowl and the same with the wet ones. I finished making the cookie dough, trying a few globs at a time. I was about to put the first tray in the oven when I felt something hit my back. It didn't feel solid or liquid. I looked at my arms which the mysterious substance lied. It was flour. I slid the tray in the oven and turned around to face a smirking Jack with flour covered hands.

"Oh you didn't just do that did you," I said reaching over towards the open bag of flour on the table. "Because of you did, I might just have to do this." I flung a handful of flour at his face, knowing this would start a war. He laughed before throwing another handful at me.

In the time it took for the first batch of cookies to bake, we had used over half the bag of flour and the kitchen was dusted white with a layer of flour. When all the cookies were done, Jack sat at the island munching on the fresh baked cookies that were stacked on one of the pans while I scrubbed pretty much every surface of the medium sized kitchen. I stood up tall as I finished cleaning what looked like the last of the flour.

"You could have helped me you know." I bit into a cookie and took a seat across from Jack.

"I could have but you know," I laughed and grabbed another cookie.

"I'm going to shower you ass." I said considering I was still covered in flour. I walked to my bedroom and sat on my bed for a second and checked my phone. I had a text message from Nash, weird.

Nash: Check your bags from the mall because I might have some of yours or I just don't remember going into Victoria's Secret and buying bras for myself.

I walked over to where I dropped the multiple bags on the floor and carried them over to my bed. I noticed some were missing and some didn't belong to me. I groaned seeing I didn't have 3 of the most important bags that contained birthday gifts or things that I wanted to wear. I also noticed I had more than one bag from Hollister and had bags from stores I had never even been in before. I grabbed my phone and texted Nash back.

Me: Pretty positive that bag and a few others are mine. I also don't remember buying boxers and cologne which I have in a bag so just going by a lucky guess, I would say we have switched a few bags.

I unpacked the things that were mine and put them in the correct places. Just to be a snitch, I looked in the bags that weren't mine to see what Nash bought. Looking to see something that only he had wanted to see when he got it, I only saw typical boy things; clothes, shoes, Cologne, and other things. When I finished looking and putting things away, I received a text from Nash.

Nash: Yeah I guess so. Maybe we could meet at some point this week to swap.

I texted back almost immediately.

Me: Does tomorrow sound good? We could meet over lunch or something.

Nash: Yeah sounds good. Text me the details later or tomorrow morning.

Me: K, I'm going to take a shower I see you tomorrow.

Nash: Okay, Bye.

I shut my phone of and threw it on my bed. I walked into my connected bathroom and stripped down. I stepped into the nice warm shower and felt all tension go away. I was finally peaceful and was once again speaking to Nash which hadn't been done in several months. I felt good, everything else did too.

For once everything felt okay.

-

just a short little chapter for now. i finally am home for the rest of the summer which for me is like a week. im going to try to write as much as i can. im also going away for a week in september so i won't be able to write anything that week. i might write on the plane rides but that's it because i will be with my family. this was just a quick little note. enjoy the rest of you guys' nights.

love
-court