Maeve's POV [smut]

I run upstairs giggling to myself. My best friend has just got engaged and I'm so excited for her. Naturally she can't keep her hands off her new fiancé, even in the hallways.

"Would you like to share the joke?" My husband asks with a neutral expression on his face.

I burst out laughing, both of us still able to hear everything in the corridor, now they're even louder. I know Elijah can certainly hear if I can, but I play along with his game.

"You know," I blush, my cheeks turning bright red. "You've walked in on them dozens of times, I was bound to at some point knowing them."

"Hmm," my husband stands up and walks over to me, discarding the book he was reading. "Tell me sweetheart, what did you say when you saw them?"

I freeze, knowing I've been caught. The smile on my face drops so fast, it's like it was never there. Swallowing hard I try to downplay my words but there's no way out.

"I said you should step up your game," I close my eyes in mortification, knowing he heard it all. Unhelpfully making my situation worse, I hear Claudia laughing about it with Klaus, rubbing salt in Elijah's wounded ego.

"You did didn't you," Elijah hums, coming to a stop in front of me, his eyes blazing with hidden emotion. I gulp and almost wish I could take it back. Almost.

"Look at me," Elijah commands and I quickly give him the eye contact he desires.

"I'm sorry I..."

There's nothing I can say and I stammer an apology, awaiting my husband's likely punishment. The thought used to scare me witless but now I can appreciate all aspects of him, and love him for who he is.

Elijah lifts his index finger to his mouth, quietening me with a single silent gesture. To add to my bad luck, Claudia's loud voice floats into the room.

"I wonder if Maeve and Elijah would let me join-"

I bite my lower lip and my shoulders shake while I fight off more giggles. Elijah looks caught by surprise too, his eyebrows raising at Claudia's hilarious way of riling up her mate. She continues on.

"You'd better make me cum, or I'll have to join them for satisfaction."

My eyes widen and I stare at my husband who has paused, listening to my best friend's absolutely filthy mouth.

"Don't stop, or I'll go to Elijah," Claudia eggs Klaus on further and the harsh noise of them smacking the wall speeds up. Claudia moans very loudly, not caring in the slightest that everyone can hear.

She is certainly bold, I'll give her that. They are a good match.

The taste of blood in my mouth from biting my lip catches Elijah's attention. The metallic smell reaches his sensitive nose as well as the scent of something else.

"Oh sweetheart," he teases me, pulling my body flush against his. "Tell me, are you turned on by hearing my brother fuck his wife?"

My words fail me.

"I... no...?" I falter and my cheeks turn bright red.

"Hmm," Elijah scrutinises my face and makes a quick decision. "Undress."

My hesitation must show on my face and Elijah frowns.

"Don't make me ask twice, you're already pushing your luck," he warns, referring to my stupid joke about stepping up his game.

Hastily I follow his instructions, peeling away my flowy pink and orange dress.

"And the rest," my husband says almost bored. But knowing him, he's probably gleefully plotting my punishment already.