Tricks Up Her Sleeves

*Next morning*

Camila's POV:

My eyes slowly open upon hearing birds chirping outside. I'm in a room that's not mine, and I can feel someone's chest rising and falling underneath me. I raise my head up to see Katy playing on her phone.

So it wasn't a dream after all!

"Hey sleepy head. Rest well?" She asks. "Really well, actually. That's probably the best night of sleep I've gotten in years. How long have you been awake?" "Not that long. But now that you're awake, I need to go pee." She says slipping out of my grip and standing up from the bed. "I'm sorry, was I laying on you to where you couldn't get up?" I ask feeling guilty. She gives me a soft smile. "No, not at all. I was just afraid that if I somehow managed to go to the bathroom without waking you up, you'd wake up when I wasn't in here. You seemed pretty upset last night, and I promised you I would be here when you woke up. So now that you are awake, I can go pee." She says leaving the room.

She really made sure she was here when I woke up.

"I told my parents we were gonna visit them. My mom is currently cooking breakfast so if you want to get ready, we'll head over there." "Thank you for making sure you were here when I woke up. It really means a lot." She nods her head at me, a blank stare on her face. I get up from her bed and head to my room to get ready. Afterwards, I meet her down in the living room. I expect to see Tate, but to my surprise, she's not here.

"Is Tate coming?" "Uh, no. I actually told her to come hangout with us later. I figured it could just be me and you this morning if that's okay?" "I am totally okay with that! Thank you!" I say with way too much enthusiasm. Katy looks at me surprised. "I am so sorry...I don't know why that came out that way. I really do like Tate. I'm just excited to have you to myself I guess." I say. I just keep digging myself into a hole.

"My Jeep is outside." She says opening the room for our dorm. She holds it open for me before quickly walking over to the door leading out of our building. She once again holds the door, then races over to her red Jeep and opens the passenger door for me. "After you." "Thank you, but you didn't have to open all of the doors for me." I say chuckling. Her face falls before turning into a frown. "Sorry...I guess it's a force of habit." She walks around to the driver's side before I have time to respond.

She gets in and puts her sunglasses on, immediately focusing on what's in front of her. It's almost as if she's trying to avoid looking at me. She turns on the car before backing out of the parking space and driving us out of campus. She turns the radio up as soon as we get on the main road.

"And now playing one of her best hits called Train Wreck, here's Anonymous."

I hear the sound of the steering wheel pop as Katy tightens her grip around it. I look over at her and see that one vein on her neck popped out. That comes out when she's really mad about something. I wonder what's set her off?

"What did that poor steering wheel ever do to you?" I attempt to joke with her. Her grip loosens as she looks over at me. "He said my momma was a hoe that used to work the pole. I have to set him straight every now and again to remind him Mary Oliver is a saint and shall not be talked about in such a manner." She stares at me with a blank expression before we both start laughing.

"But for real, is everything okay? You act kind of weird when Anonymous gets mentioned. Do you not like her or something?" Katy shakes her head no. "It's not that. It's just...it's complicated. Maybe one day I can tell you but right now my lips have to remain sealed as tight as a nun's legs when an attractive male walks by." "Okay....we'll, can I pester you with other questions then?" I ask. I see the faintest smirk appear on her face.