Alone for the Weekend

Katy's POV:

I couldn't stop watching the way Camila's face would light up listening to Taylor talk. This has been one of the happiest times I've seen Camila, and that says a lot because she is always happy. That's one of the millions of reasons I've fallen in love with her. Her bubbly personality is enough to make even the most depressed human being smile brightly.

"And then after almost an hour of searching, I came in here and saw her sitting like a frog on top of the refrigerator. I will never understand how she even got up there seeing that she was only three at the time, but then again she's Katy so I didn't question it too much. I just went to get a stepladder to get her down before her parents came home. That was the last time I let her talk me into playing hide and seek." Taylor finishes her story causing everyone to laugh.

"I just tried to picture an eleven year old Taylor trying to get a three year old Katy down from the top of a refrigerator, and the image I came up with is probably the greatest thing." Shane says as everyone agrees while laughing. "Well it was interesting to say the least. But then again, that just defines our friendship." Taylor says causing me to smile. I feel Camila wrap her arms around me. "My perfect goofball." She whispers before kissing my cheek.

"You know, all of this makes sense now." Lauren says motioning between me and Taylor. "What does?" I ask. "Why you always got so excited any time she released new music or why you got so offended any time you read an article online that bashed her." Lauren explains. "Oh, don't forget that time in fifth grade during Spirit Week when we were supposed to dress up as our favorite singers or celebrities and Katy came dressed as Taylor." Dinah pipes in this time.

"Oh I remember that! She wore the exact outfit Taylor had on for the cover of her Fearless album. Then all day she quoted Love Story and Hey Stephen." Shane says. "And then when someone told Katy that they didn't like Taylor, she threatened to run over them with a white horse and give them a reason to have teardrops on their guitar. Probably the worst sets of song puns ever but it got the girl to be quiet." Liam says.

"Until she joined the softball team with us last year and started that shit again. I don't think I've ever seen Katy get so mad before." Lauren says causing everyone else to agree. Camila and Taylor quirk their eyebrows at me, causing me to blush. "What happened?" Camila asks me.

"There was this chick, Megan, that loved bashing on people. She has done it since elementary school. Well Blank Space had just peaked at #1 on billboard over Christmas break and then remained at #1 for about six weeks. Practices for the season started back up as soon as the break ended and this cunt comes to practice and starts complaining about how Taylor's career should've ended after the first week of fame. Then she proceeded to say that she was a dramatic psychopath that didn't deserve to be in a relationship because all she did was fuck guys over and make them look like the villains. I mean she just kept going on and on and on saying the most unnecessary, completely out of line bullshit. I was tired of hearing it because she had NO idea what she was talking about. She was just going by what the paparazzi would say in their articles for celebrity sleaze. I told her to stop talking because people don't like hearing that annoying sound called her voice in general, much less when she's going on about something that's not even true." "Here comes my favorite part of the story!" Dinah says making me laugh before continuing my story, flashing back to that day.

*Flashback*

"Well sorry to get your panties in a twist, Katy. But I have a right to express my opinion." Megan says. "Yes you do, but here's the thing. No one asked for your opinion. You just showed up in the dugout and started talking shit for no reason. Just because you're bored with your own life, doesn't mean you can go around bashing other people to make yourself feel better." I argue.