What Doesn't Kill You Makes You A Liar

Katy's POV:

"Lauren is coming to stay the night with us. She was busy setting stuff up in her new house so her questioning with the detectives is tomorrow." Ariana greets me when I walk in the house, Louis trailing behind me. "Where's the rest of the group staying? I'm assuming their dorms still aren't ready at school, right?" "That's correct. Mom said we could house them here but the detectives have a hotel for them to stay at for the next few days. Our jet will fly them back to Austin after that. They'll pack their stuff and then move down here." Ariana explains.

Some of the group members are moving down with their families, while others are having to live in dorms on campus while their families stay in Austin, Louis being one of them.

I feel Ariana grab me by my arm and lead me over to their very large dinner table. This thing has to seat up to 50 people, at least. She pushes me down into a seat that's between her and Lauren. I had no idea Lauren was already here. Liam Booker sits across from us, followed by Louis.

"It hasn't even been a full 24 hours since I last saw you, and you've managed to start your own tv show of SVU." Lauren says smirking at me. "Listen, if you're bitter about not making the final cast call, just say it." I say smirking back at her.  "Touché Wood, touché. So what's this I hear about a treehouse?" "Frankie used this as investigation as an excuse to build his childhood dream. My daddy beats the hell out of me and Frankie sees it as an opportunity to be a squirrel." I say causing everyone around me to stop talking and stare.

"That sounded a lot less dark in my head

"That sounded a lot less dark in my head." I say after several seconds of awkward silence. Soon everyone starts laughing. Well, everyone except Taylor. I can't help but notice her scowling at me once again as she stands in the kitchen. I can tell she's unimpressed over my statement. She knows I have a natural dark sense of humor, but something about this situation seems to be the nail in the coffin for her I guess.

"If looks could kill, I think Taylor would've just murdered you. Seriously, I've seen her glaring at you since you first sat down." Lauren whispers in my ear. I shift my gaze away from Taylor, feeling my cheeks flush. "Did something happen with you guys?" Ariana asks. I shake my head no. "We were fine last night. You know we sat outside forever while I filled her in on everything. She fell asleep in my arms when we were on the swing, so I carried her inside and up to the guest bedroom. She woke up long enough to tell me goodnight, then went back to sleep. She seemed really exhausted. But she wasn't there when Ariana woke me up this morning." I say. Louis, Liam, Ariana, and Lauren all exchange looks amongst each other.

"Why on Harriet Tubman's good green earth are y'all acting this way? SVU is here, there's no keeping secrets." I say glaring at the four of them. The last thing I need is for Taylor to act weird around me, and them to keep secrets. "We'll discuss this later. Right now, eat your food." Lauren scorns. I roll my eyes before getting up to get food. It's not like I really have an appetite. I feel like all the adult women have done is cook for the last 24 hours. My stomach doesn't have much room for food at this point. I grab a plate and get behind some of the others in line.