29. Neetu's Agony

Teju " Did you cheat on my mother, tell me the truth "

Her words were breaking two people who really believed that she would trust them. Smirti took a step back and nodded no.

Smirti was crying  and mumma k stepped to teju " He never cheated on your mother.  Your nanu was lying.  that engagement never happened, it was about to happen bcoz of my father wish but when sitesh told us about his love, we all agreed for his happiness.  Smirti never stayed in the same house with us, she left the house saying she wanted to study further and she did came back, but only after you were born, just to see you and be with you "

Teju " why did you hide this from my mother "

Sitesh " She knows.. Your mother knows everything about me and smirti" he said in his low voice and teju looked at him shocked, as well nanu. 

Sitesh " The day I got married to your mother, I told her about all this . She know about smirti, she even felt pity for her.  "

Flashback

Neetu " what... You r telling me this now. Sitesh, this is all wrong.. She must  have imagine her whole life with you and now this will only hurt her more. We did a mistake, we can't stay here, how will i face her now..she must be thinking i came in between you "

Smirti from behind " itni bhi low thinking nahi mereko.. Kya re behen.. You really thought like this about me.  Neetu, I wont lie, my parents fixed about us when bhabhi came into our house marrying bhaiya, they liked sitesh so much and i was not against it. But when he told us about you,  we all were genuinely happy for him. His happiness matters to us more than their wish, I never thought it the way u said earlier.  I m happy for you both, please don't think otherwise. Me and sitesh are good friends, it will remain the same forever. "

Neetu felt relieved as she spoke things clearly and sitesh thanked smirti.

After that she left to US for her higher studies and they used to talk over call.

End

Sitesh " I didn't mean to hide anything  from you teju, when I told you how me and smirti got married , it was all true. I didn't tell you about my engagement talks bcoz u didn't know I was your father that time, you didn't know the entire truth, kabhi baat ghumane ki koshish nahi karrahe thi mei, please understand "

He pleaded infront of his dauhter, the fear of losing her was evident. 

Smirti " I... I.. never meant to come between them.. I.. She... was a nice.. friend to me also.. ek behen jaise thi mereliye neetu.. And I came back.. came back only for you.. When I heard you were born,  I.. I was so happy.. Mujhe.. I.. I wanted to see you... I couldn't stay there longer when I saw your pic, I came back... I swear teju, me and your father never cheated on your mother.. Please yakeen karo humara " she fell on her knees crying and Karan immediately moved to her, held her in his arms and Sitesh wiped her tears holding her, nodding no. 

Smirti " she don't trust us sitesh " she whispered with a broken heart and sitesh felt as he failed once again. 

Karan " Calm down please " he whispered and rubbed her back to calm down.

Nanu " aapke jhoot uske mann mei nahi jayegi, apke gunah sab samne aagaye , Besharam log " he said sarcastically

Karan " shut up " he roared

Teju " Karan " she showed her palm and he closed his eyes controlling his anger .

Teju looked at her grandmother who was quiet in all this. 

Teju " in sab ki baat Bhi aap kuch nahi bolenge nanimaa , only you could tell me the truth.. Meri maa ne suicide kyu kiye.. Y she end her life? Itni badi step lene ki wajah kya hai..  Sachhhh bolooooo... Speak up nanimaaaa, why did my mother die..?  What happened with her? What the hell is the reason for that "