Chapter Seven

Kyle and I wanted to stay in a hotel, but we didn't have the money to. I walked back to the apartment in silence. The sun started to set, and as the sun disappeared so did my smile.

Kyle obviously noticed because he grabbed my hand and leaned in close, pressing his forehead to mine, "Johnnie it's alright, we'll make Alex leave and I'll sleep in your room. He won't mess with you while I'm around." He said softly then placed a kiss on the tip of my nose.

I knew he was right, I trusted Kyle with everything in me. I allowed him to lead me inside my building. As soon as we entered the apartment Kyle pointed at Alex, "get the fuck out." He said. His tone was even and stern.

"What?" Alex looked shocked.

"You heard me. Leave. Pack your things and go."

Alex's mouth hung open, "are you serious? You'd rather be with a human rat then me? Look at him Kyle. He's malnourished and covered in cystic acne. How can you possibly choose him over me?"

"Get. Out." Kyle said through clenched teeth. I could tell he was angry because his grip on my hand had tightened ten fold.

"Fine!" She spat, "just know that you're making a terrible mistake and I'll make you pay Kyle David Hall."

"Fuck you." Kyle retorted as she shoved past us.

The door slammed and I cringed. What did she mean she'd make him pay? I shuddered. I don't think I wanted to know.

After that me and Kyle played video games together until late at night. I was sitting in his lap while we played another round of Mario kart. I suddenly realized that we hadn't seen Bryan since our arrival. A wave of relief washed over me. Maybe he wasn't here.

I paused the game and stood up. Kyle gave me a quizzical look, "bathroom " I explained. He nodded as I began to walk down the hallway.

For the first time in months I felt comfortable in my own home. I flipped the switch on and unzipped my pants. I half expected Bryan to suddenly appear behind me, but he didn't.

I walked back to the living room where Kyle was checking his Twitter account. He turned and smiled at me, "want to play another round?" He asked.

"Sure." I responded, "oh shit, I forgot to flush the toilet." I said, "I'll be right back."

I walked back to the bathroom. I yelped at the sight I saw when I opened the door. I was frozen in shock. My eyes were wide and I couldn't move.

"What is it?" Kyle shouted. His footsteps sounded towards me. I felt him come up beside me.

"Oh. My. Gosh." He murmured, obviously as caught off guard as I was.

In front of us, crouching on the floor like the creature gollum from the lord of the rings series, was Bryan. His hands were submerged in the toilet. He was fishing around in my urine.

He must have realized we were watching him because he slowly turned his head to face us. He hissed in our direction, backing into the corner. He rubbed his pee soaked hands on his cheeks before getting on all fours and running past us while screeching loudly like he was some kind of rabid dog.

We heard his door slam shut.
"What the fuck?" Was all Kyle managed to choke out.