Chapter Six

I hurried down the hallway to my room and slammed the door. Tears were now streaming freely down my face, I had given up on trying to hold them any longer. I threw myself into my mattress and buried my face into my pillow. Images and memories of Kyle played in my mind causing a sharp pain in my chest.

I was so caught up in the sounds of my own sobs that I hadn't heard the door to my bedroom slowly open. Suddenly I felt a hand on my back. At first I thought it was Kyle, come to console me. But this was not the touch I had become used to.

"There, there." An eery voice whispered close to my ear.

I gasped and jolted back, pulling my knees into my chest and facing my attacker.

Bryan smiled at me and I felt my stomach churn.

"What do you want?" I snapped trying to act like I wasn't on the verge of pissing myself.

Bryan laughed a little before tucking a piece of hair behind my ear and cupping my cheek with his sweaty hands. He tilted my head slightly so I was looking directly into his cold lifeless eyes. "You." He responded.

"What?" I questioned in a disgusted tone.

"I want you Johnnie. I want all of you. Your hair. Your smile." He paused, trailing his hand down my chest, gasping quietly, "your body."

I hit his hand off me, "get away from me." I screamed.

Bryan refused, I knew in that moment I was done for. But then, like a gift from the heavens, a loud crash sounded from the living room.

"What the hell?" Bryan murmured turning his head. I took this moment while he was off guard to kick hard into his stomach and take off running down the hall.

I reached the living room and stopped dead in my tracks. I had retreated here in hopes of finding shelter from Bryan but some how I felt even more in danger than before.

On the floor of the room were Alex and Kyle. I saw a lamp on its side, that must have been what had made the noise me and Bryan had heard.

Alex was straddling Kyle, lips pressed to his. I had to fight to keep my breakfast down. Kyle pulled away, the color draining from his face when he saw me standing there, mouth hanging open.

I didn't waste anymore time. I turned and ran out the door, tears falling from my eyes once more.

I kept running, not bothering to care that I was without shoes. Eventually I paused and took a seat on a nearby bench, unable to continue.

I put my head in my hands. I heard footsteps near me and a relieved sigh. I looked up to see Kyle. "Johnnie.." He began.

"Save it." I choked out, feeling completely numb.

"Johnnie please. I swear I can explain." He pleaded desperately, taking a seat next to me.

"Fine." I spat.

"What?" He looked confused.

"Explain." I replied irritably.

"I told her that I didn't feel that way about her, I tried to tell her that.." His voice trailed off.

"That what?" I said, trying not to sound too intrigued.

Kyle took a deep breath, "that.. I love you."

I must have heard him wrong. There was no way he had actually said that.

"I love you Johnnie." He laughed grabbing my hands.

There it was again. "I love you." The words I hadn't heard in so long... Not since my father died.

My heart felt like it was going to explode. I turned to look at Kyle. He reached up and wiped my tears away with his hand, "god. I love you so much." His hand stopped on my cheek.