THE ANNIVERSARY and A QUESTION

It's been a year since the VK's came to Auradon and a year since Marley and Luke got together. The VK's have adjusted fully to live in the kingdom and things are going smoothly, espcially after Mal accepting the fact that she is part Isle and part Auradon and she admitted she loved Ben. The kingdom seems to adore their ladies of the court. And that brings us today, today is a very special day. It's Luke and Marley's one year anniversary, and Luke has a very special date planned for his love.

Marley sighs as she closes the door to her dorm, setting her bag down by her desk. It had been a very long day helping Mal and Evie preparing for the new VK's to arrive.

She sighed as she flopped down on her bed, it was her and Luke's one year and she has hardly seen him today. She understands he has meetings he has to attend with Ben, but she misses him.

Suddenly there was a knock on her door, causing her to groan. She lifted her head and let out a 'come in' before she dropped her head back on to her pillow.

She heard the door open and close, but didn't lift her head. There was a dip in her bed, and a hand was running through her hair. She turned her head to see who it was, when a soft smile formed on her face.

Luke sat on her bed, running his hand through her hair softly with a soft loving smile on his face, "Hey Cara Mia."

"Hiya Dumplin. I missed you today." She said softly, then leaned in to Luke's hand that was now cressing her cheeck.

"As I missed you. Happy 1 year year, Amorina. I'm so sorry I've been so busy today." Luke said before he leaned down and pressed a gentle kiss to her lips.

"Happy 1 year, my love. And it's okay, I understand. Plus I've been super busy helping Mal and Evie preparing for the new VK's."

"I wanna take you on a date. Evie's got a dress for ya and everything is already to go. I just need to go pick something up and I'll be back in about an hour to pick you up. How does that sound?" Luke asked softly still running his fingers through her hair.

Marley hummed and smiled softly, "I would love that. Thank you Dumplin." She sat up and wrapped her arms around him, as his arms wrapped around her waist, placing a gentle kiss on the side of her head.

"Anything for you Cara Mia. Now you better get going to Evie's to get ready and I'll pick you up there."

Marley nodded her head and the two headed out to head to their destinations, but not before kissing goodbye.

An hour later Luke had shown up to Evie's to pick Marley up and head out to their date.

Marley giggled as Luke cover her eyes with his hands as he lead her somewhere.

"Dumplin where are we going?" Marley asked, giggling.

Luke chuckled, "Relax my love, we are almost there."

After a few minutes, they finally came to a stop, but Luke kept his hands covering Marley's eyes.

"Okay Cara Mia, you ready?" Luke asked, and Marley giggled with a nod. Luke removed his hands from her eyes and whispered, "Open."

Marley opened her eyes and let out a small gasp. In front of her was Luke's mother's rose garden where they had their first date. Fairy lights were strung up and music was playing quitely in the background. There was a picnic basket filled with sandwiches, sweets, and blackberries were resting on a blanket.

Marley looked up at Luke with tears in her eyes, to find him already looking down at her with a soft smile and love shining in his eyes, "It's beautiful, Dumplin."