11|Dog

You sat town on the metro with Suna standing in front of you. It was pretty full and Suna offered to stand so you could take the only seat left. You couldn't really stand since both your hands were occupied with your injury so you didn't think so much of it.

"We're getting off here." He announced as the metro came to a stop and you stood up to follow him out. The sun hit your face and you were met with a huge building a short distance. Suna looked behind him to make sure that you followed after him and slowed down again to walk beside you.

"Thank you Suna. I really appreciate it." You thanked him as you walked, but before he could answer you came to a stop when a dog came up to you. It sniffed around on you before sitting down in front of you. The dog was wearing a vest so you understood that it was a working dog and therefore didn't give into your urges to pet it. Suna looked just as confused as you did.

"You carrying drugs on you?" He joked.

"Of course not." You rolled your eyes and a lady came up towards you two and signaled the dog back to her side.

"It's not sniffing out drugs." She chuckled and gave the dog a treat. "New research has shown that dogs can actually sniff out cancer." She informed and you felt your blood run cold. Had a dog really sniffed out your cancer? You tried to keep a calm and unbothered expression as you felt Sunas eyes analyzing you. "He's still in early training so don't think anything of it. But I am obligated to ask if you do have cancer."

"No I don't." You answer short and she nodded before walking away. You had beaten it so you weren't exactly lying. Your attention turned back to Suna who was starting daggers at you. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Like what?" He asked, not softening his hard gaze.

"Like you're going to accuse me of something crazy." He chuckled as you caught him red handed and looked up at the sky for a bit. He was still in his volleyball uniform like you with a red uniform jacket covering his upper body.

"You're a really good libero you know that?" He suddenly flashed you a genuine smile. You had seen him smile before, but it was never at you. If it wasn't for the pain in your wrist you would have gotten lost on those sharp green eyes of his.

"You think so?" You smiled gently back and walked by his side to the hospital. The sun was shining and making his dark brown hair a warmer toned brown.

"Of course. Never in my entire life have I seen someone start calculating physics when preparing to receive a volleyball." He laughed as you both walked inside hospital and you quickly joined his laughter.

"A bit stupid isn't it?" You look down as you chuckle to yourself.

"I think it's pretty cool." He shrugged and even though his expression was back to his deadpan one, you could still see that he meant it.

"Thank you, Suna." You thanked him with a warm smile.

-

"It's not broken." You announce happily as both you and Suna walked back into the gymnasium about an hour later. Your entire team was still there to have a little practice after the match.

"But he needs to let it heal for at least a week ." Suna added as you had planned to practice volleyball anyway. You glare at him and he gives you a sly grin back, making you quickly take your eyes off him.

"Good thing that nationals is a month away." The coach announced and you felt your heart beat faster at the sound of nationals. You had always dreamed of going to nationals and now it was finally happening.

"I can still practice!" You tried to convince your coach to let you train more. You really couldn't afford a break even if it was only for a week.

"No." Kita denied your attempt and you felt yourself feeling a bit hopeless again.

"Let me at least do stretches or stamina training?" You pleaded with anyone that would listen.

"Alright then. As long as you don't touch a ball it should be fine." The coach shrugged and you smiled happily at your permission to train. "You can start by running home." He chuckled and you nodded before taking off and running out the gymnasium. "You do that too, Suna." He ordered and Suna met him with a raised eyebrow.

"What? Why?" He groaned as all he wanted to do was to relax.

"You two are neighbors aren't you?" The coach pointed out.

"So? Why do I have to run as well?" Suna put his hands in his pockets as he looked unamused.

"Because I said so." The coach replied which earned him a sigh from the green eyed boy. Suna knew that there was no use arguing with him so he just decided to bite the bullet and run after you.

It didn't take long until he caught up with you as you were stopped on the sidewalk, hunched over something.

"What got you distracted?" He walked up beside you to see what you were looking at. His brows furrowed as he felt a little disappointed in the underwhelming answer. "Roses?"

"Do you like roses?" You asked as your finger gently touched the petal of the biggest rose in the bush.

"Roses have thorns." He scoffed and crossed his arms as he watched you carefully inspect the flower.

"They're still beautiful." You smile gently as you turned your eyes away from the rose and to his face.

"I guess." He shrugged and narrowed his eyes as he inspected the gentle expression on your face. You were so confident and determined on the court, but so gentle and warm in the sunlight. Suna couldn't help but feel drawn to you. He didn't understand it himself and just struck it as curiosity. "I didn't take you for a flower type of guy."

"Everyone can appreciate beauty in nature once in a while, can they not?" You smiled and got ready to start running home again. Suna quickly followed behind you after taking a quick picture of the rose bush.