31:Her Presence

My work is what comes first to me.

With the Khan textile industry being mine around the corner soon, I prioritised it more then anything.

Only with the sole reason of it being mine when I turn 25.

It was all going good until a clumsy brown eyed brunette came and ruined all the practised self control and patience I had in me with just a single bump. Which was accidental, may I add.

I spent weeks trying to get her image of my mind, but I couldn't when she was from the newest family we were joining ties with.

I have always gotten what I wanted.

Whether I had to fight for it or it would have been presented to me on a golden platter. I had it all.

Just not the thing I wanted the most in the world right now. I'll always want.

Her.

She visibly felt the attraction towards me too, it could be seen by a blind ass man. But that night when I worked up the courage to tell her, it was only for her to mark herself forbidden for me.

Apparently because of my younger brother and Daneen. Who has become an enjoyable company of mine.

She reminds me of my own self. Just the opposite gender, I think we would've hit it off even if we met under other circumstances but having her as Aaliya's bestfriend is surely a plus one.

Despite the fact that she has never ending hatred for my very own brother.

But I am a man who loves to ignite a flame of my own and see other people burn in it or some good enough people play with it, as I sit back and watch.

That is what I was gonna do with them. He is my brother and as much as I love him I hate his guts sometimes. The Valima ceremony for example.

With them both settling for a truce for God knows to defy what Daneen's cousin has above her head,despite him being slapped for the first time in his life by his own enemy, it all seems a little unsettling.

I befriended Daneen for these 2 purposes. Call me selfish or strategic, I'll take both I don't care.

Although I have developed a mutual understanding with her, still my motives are clear to me, I'll have Aaliya one way or another and I'll gladly sit back and watch Omar tackle the first obstacle in his Adult life.

More are to follow anyway.

The tapping of my pen fills the silence in the room as I hear a bell a beat or two later.

"Sir, there is a woman who's here without an appointment-" Hera, my secretary comes in after I have permitted her to.

A beat later Aaliya storms in and a small smile forms on my face upon seeing her frown at my secretary.

"Next time before denying me, let me break it to you miss Hara or whatever. It was your boss who virtually begged me to work with him." Aaliya snaps at Hera while she passes her a glare in return.

"You're no special, we all work for him." she retorts back.

"Yup, that's the difference you work for him and I'll work with him, Miss Hera. You are free to leave now." she commands the last sentence which causes my smile to grow.

This girl had her first day in my office, without a fully signed job and was already adapting my traits.

My girl.

"Excuse me, who are you to say-" she starts but I cut her off.

"You may leave." she looks at me and I can see a hint of disapproval in her eyes and leaves.

We pay her enough for it.

"Can't you at least hire a good secretary, I swear to God is she so much as talks to me in a loud voice once more I will rip off her hair form it's roots and hang her to-" She blabers of in anger as I cut her off by standing in front of her and speaking.

"Calm down, woman she won't do that again." I say as a chuckle leaves my mouth in between words.

She just looks at me and blinks once, twice and exclaims

"I got a little carried away, Sorry." she says lowly.

"It's okay, take a seat come on." I motion her towards the seat.

She complies without fighting me and takes a seat across from me, I sit in front of her and clasp my hands together.

She settles herself in her Anti-Shehram mode soon enough and while straightening, fixates me with a glare.

"So when do we have to get started" she says.

"I am good, what about you?" I reply.

She sighs annoyed. "Shehram."

"You can start from today, ofcourse but It will take me till tommorow to get your place settled up, so pardon me for that." I say and she squints her eyes together.

"I don't need a place." she says with a laugh. " I'll get the designs done from home and once I am done you can approve them or not."

I pass her an unimpressed look.

"That isn't gonna happen, you work with me remember?" I say as I walk over to my desk.

"I'll still work with you, dumbo." she replies unimpressed.

"Whatever you say, Liya but you'll be here, in the building." I say, my words final.

And as if she senses them she sighs and slumps back on to the seat's back rest.

"Give me my caramel mocha, you've been hiding." she says and forwards her hand to me.

I bite the inside of my cheek to hold in my smile and pass it to her from behind the desk.

"Glad something in here is good." she eecalims while taking a sip.

"It's definitely me." I say and turn around to look at her.

She frowns at me before saying.
"You're in denial, Shehram."

I laugh at that. "I may be."

We go over the details as she sips her drink with me explaining the situation of her position here as well as some of my requirements in the new office.

She hums and listens to me attentively and when I go over the interior plan to her she sets her drink aside and listens to me fully present.

I pass her the papers which says that she has 2 months to complete the process and get it finalised by me.

2 months till she finalises me too.

I hope so.

She scribbles her signature using my pen on the paper and I tuck a strand of hair behind her ear as she bends down to sign on the table.

She shudders a bit and passes me a confused somewhat flushed look.

She pulls back immediately and stands up. "Okay, so I'll be here tommorow." she says as her words are coated by a bit of defeat.

"I will be glad to enjoy your presence, Aaliya." I reply back.

She snickers and excuses herself while making her way towards the door.

"Email me, or phone me if you change your mind to have me, which you will not ofcourse Its not like you like me or I love you or something so let's be professional."Aaliya says while looking back from the front door.

"You will, and even if you don't I'll simply be a hopeless romantic for the rest of my life." I reply causing a small smile to frame her face.

"Allah-Hafiz Shehram." she says.

"Allah Hafiz, Aaliya."  I say back.

The door closes behind her with a light thud and I smile to myself.

1 month and 30 days to be exact, Aaliya.

61 days to make you mine.