03:Home

Aaliya's POV

Slamming the car door shut I heaved a heavy sigh, the colony and the main door of my house all bringing me too much nostalgia. I, as every other student thought that I'd settle in the US because it was only for studies. But hence here I was my eyes filled with unshed tears as I rang the bell after 2 damn years.

2 or 3 minutes had passed before the house's door swinged open revealing the frame of my mother.

"Mama" I choked out on my tears as she engulfed me with her arms.

"itni bari kaisy hogyi hai meri beti" she said while I laughed at her comment.
(how have you grown so much my daughter)

"Rehne dein jaisi gyi thi us sey do gunna zyada pyari ho kr wapis ayi hun" I huffed out with confidence to which she just laughed.
(oh leave it except the fact that I have turned 2x prettier)

We went inside shortly after and I engulfed my father when I saw him immediately. He patted my back telling me about how he won the bet.

Yeah yeah apparently the one he said where I'd come back crying.

I gave my younger brother a pat on the head and a hug so tight he choked out
"woah slow down there sissy, you planning on choking me or something?"

"I missed you too baby bro-"
"stop calling me that!"
"I won't"
"I have a name miss US educated."
"The name that so not fits your face as everyone in the house are used to calling you chashmish" I huffed out.
"It's Subhan- DON'T CALL ME THAT AGAIN" he said angrily.

All the people who were present apparently laughed at our bickering. Seeing smiles on their faces and their adoring gazes fixated towards me, I finally felt at ease after God knows how long.

____________________________