20:The Perfect Breakdown

Grey tuxedo.
Messy hair.
Hazel eyes.

Taking into consideration that I am suppose to loathe this very man, I am terrible in keeping my word When this man who hates me to his guts is looking at me like I am the only girl in this world.

He isn't listening to anything his mother is telling him. With our intense eye contact that we both are maintaining from the last 3 minutes I bet I would do the same.

I am holding my favourite drink in my hand but I haven't even taken a sip from it. Maybe because I am too high on the thought of this man showing visible attraction towards me.

I mean who wouldn't.
Just look at me.

Breaking the eye contact first is equal to losing for me. But with this man I doubt I can do it any longer. Forcing my eyes away from his eyes I am suddenly aware of where my thoughts were leading to.

Me with him.

I hate him. Even when there is some sort of tension between us, It isn't like I loathe him any less. He vowed to seek pleasure from my humiliation. And I vowed to hate him for it.

It's been an hour to the Valima ceremony and things are going pretty good as per my view. Aaliya had excused herself to pay a detailed visit to Aira and Subhan had gone to attend a call and here I was all alone with bigg apple in my hand.

Taking into consideration the cold weather of February I only hoped I had taken a shawl with me.

Fashion is pain.
I understand it now.

Trying to rid my mind of the thoughts of chilly weather I scanned the guests present in the venue to see if someone whom I knew would miraculously pop out and I had nearly lost hope until I hadn't. The glass in my hand dropped to the floor.

This wasn't happening.
He was suppose to be in New York.
Not in freaking Pakistan.

Upon hearing the glass break into pieces, Sahrish Aunty hurried towards  me as Omar turned to look at me from his spot.

"Are you okay?" She asked as I heard her words after a moment.

"I-" I tried to speak but tears blurred my vision as my eyes connected with all familiar ones.

All these years I compromised my education, myself,my interests just to get away from this person only for him to pop up at Aira's wedding.

As if he sensed my fear a smirk crossed his face.

I couldn't take it any longer.

Breathe. Breathe. Breathe.

I couldn't breathe.

"Excuse me" I said all breathless and hurriedly made my way to the nearest room I could find.

"Daneen" I heard Aaliya call out behind me. But I couldn't stop not when he was here under the same roof with me.

"Give me a minute" I choked out, panting to get some sort of oxygen in my lungs.

Coming inside the first room I could find I sat and tried to calm myself down.

Just breathe, breathe, breathe, breathe.

Tears escaped my eyes as what this man did to me when I was 17 came into my mind.

I can't break down right here. Not on Aaliya's sister's wedding. Not with my enemy present here. And definitely not when once I do I won't stop.

"Daneen" I heard a knock at the door as Aaliya's voice came from its other side.