08:Sisters

I loved excitement.

There was just something about this emotion that tugged in my heart. It made you feel all giddy like a little kid.

And that was exactly what I was feeling now, as I waited for Aira to walk in the front door.

Subhan, mama, baba and me. We stood at the porch all waiting for her to barge in. I couldn't wait, I kept tapping my foot on the pavement to which I was shot an annoyed look by Subhan.

I only continued.
He sighed.

It was just then that she barged in that I stopped my movements. She was much more beautiful than before. Her wavy black locks fell just below her shoulders, with a white frock which she was wearing right now just added to her glow.

God, her husband is a lucky man.

Upon seeing me she dropped her bags and came forward hurriedly to engulf me tripping over a few bags in the process.

"Aaliyaaa" she squealed and I met her halfway in a bonecrushing hug.

"Aira" I called with a smile so big on my face I bet I looked like a gummy bear.

"God you've changed so much I don't know what to say, I mean look at you" she said as she spinned me.

I laughed a hearty laugh and spoke
"well I am not the one getting married in 4 days."

She lowered her voice an octave and answered"Oh don't worry about that I'll find you a man just as fine as mine" she flipped her hair while saying so.

I shook my head at my sister's whipped like state.

Aira met the others and after we went inside, had dinner and Aira was freshened up I slipped into her room and listened to all the tales about her future husband.

I called to carry on the engagement when I was in the States because I don't want my sisters happiness to be delayed  anymore I am at her wedding at least, and that's enough for me.

Apparently his name was Ayaan, and he was the current CEO of his own company which he and his father had helped obtain. It was one of the 3 companies Khan industries had.

And ofcourse he was a Khan.

"God, you don't even know I just knew I had to marry him when I saw him the first time.Turns out he felt the same and yet here we are."she told me her cliché story being all excited for her wedding.

If she was happy, then So was I.

Ayaan Khan had 2 more brothers. Shehram and Omar.

I didn't go into much detail because I was really tired and besides our families were tying knots together so obviously I'd know everything with time.

I bid Aira goodnight with a kiss on her forehead before dimmind the lights and slipping out of her room.

Tommorow was gonna be a busy day I had to shop yet. There were just 4 days remaining till the wedding I knew I had to speed up.

I sat on my balcony as light wind flew my cotton curtains and bristled my hair.

4 days till my sister and I parted ways yet all I felt was regret that I hadn't spent much time with her together under the same roof.