07: Disaster

Unlocking the door of my car I made my way inside. It was 5:15 right now and I was back at the university. It was offering all night classes so why not take advantage of it till it lasts?

I was in no mood to go back to my house. It wasn't my home.I couldn't call it that. Home is where you feel wanted, appreciated, welcomed and important at all times. And although I was receiving every bit of these things I couldn't fathom why I felt this inside me.

Empitiness.

Forcing my thoughts to the back of my head I made my way inside.

There weren't many people in the class just some of my friends along with 4 to 5 others. I felt good because I could now indulge myself in academics. At least my head would be occupied.

It was all good until I saw Omar on the last bench. This was the only classroom opened till midnight so the students compelled ignoring their different subjects in to a same room.

The atmosphere was tense.
I could sense it.

But as always I carried on with my task after giving some friends a mutual hug and a handshake to the boys.

Shehryar was the one who could be called my bestfriend. From the boys ofcourse. He was a complete gentleman. I gave him a side hug to which he happily returned but he kept his hands at his sides most of the time.

"boht kaam hai yaar aj nai ap aungi, kisi aur din zaroor, pakka wada" I softly declined the request-which was to go to a near cafe after the work.
(a lot is on my plate but I sure will join you guys next time, I promise)

I took my seat across from Omar as that was the last and my favourite spot. He was on the other bench so no problem right?

I heaved a sigh and opened my laptop and notes. The time passed in a blink. One minute it was 5 the next it was 8:00pm.

And as I had wished I was so indulged in keeping my head at bay with studies that everyone had left leaving only me and Omar.

Well this wasnt gonna end well.
Considering the near fight or fight we had previously.

My head was spinning again.

I rested my head against the bench and closed my eyes for a split second. Before ofcourse his voice inturrepted me.

"look who's gonna fail the exam this time" he mocked with a slight chuckle.

"Definitely not me, considering the fact you had been on your phone all the time" I snapped at him.

A smirk crossed his face as he spoke"You watching me, neen?"

" bold of you to assume you had a face that I could watch" I drawled with confidence.

He packed his bag and I just looked at him waiting for his remark. But he just passed by me getting to the door handle before he stopped and looked back at me.

"You should definitely be aware of yourself because watching someone intently and being lost in your thoughts definitely is a level up from staring."he continued.

" And I wasn't the one who was crushing on you the first day you stepped in here, Meri Jaan."
(My love)he smirked and walked off.

MY jaw was hanging on the floor, I just knew that.

I mean was he wrong?
Definitely not.