First day

Two months later

''Hello, can I help you?'' The woman behind the reception desk asks looking up at Beth.

''Hiya.'' Beth greets as she stops in front of her. ''I am here to pick up my son.''

''Mummy!'' She smiles as Josh yells for her right after he walks out of his classroom and steps around the desk, she turns to the woman as she steps in front of Josh to hold him back and frowns.

''I am sorry but it says here that his mother is Vivianne Miedema.'' The woman tells her politely. ''There is no Beth Mead noted down allowed to pick Joshua up.''

''You just heard him call me mummy.'' Beth exclaims while mentioning her hand to Josh trying to get to her and struggling against the woman's hold on his shoulder. ''You are causing unnecessary panic for him!''

''I'm sorry but I won't hand him over, that are the rules.'' The woman tells her, the sneer clear in her voice as she sends Josh back to his classroom.

''No, mummy!'' Josh cries trying to walk past the woman again.

''One second darling.'' Beth tells him soothingly, she turns to the woman and sighs. ''I want to speak to the director.'' She informs her.

''She is not in the house at the moment, I can make an appointment for you.''

Beth rolls her eyes walking to the entrance and opens the door, she lifts two fingers up to her lips knowing Viv is waiting in the car after they agreed she would jump in so Viv could order dinner for them and whistles loudly. She mentions her hand to call her in, turning back around to look at the woman and quirks an eyebrow as she notices the director walking up to them with a frown. ''Not in the house right?'' She scoffs.

''Is there a problem?'' Jessica, the director of the school asks as she looks between Beth, Josh and the receptionist. ''Miss Mead.'' She greets with a nod of her head.

''What's going on?''

Beth turns her head as she hears Viv's concerned voice, notices her eyes fixating on Josh as she hears his sobs and sighs. ''Apparently there is nothing documented that I am Josh's mum and am allowed to pick him up.'' She sighs trying to keep the hurt out of her voice.

''Excuse me?'' Viv asks her eyes blazing as she looks between the director and the receptionist.

''Whoa, whoa.'' The director exclaims immediately lifting her hands. ''I just joined this conversation Miss Miedema.'' She turns to the receptionist and crosses her arms. ''Were you holding Joshua back?''

''Well yes.'' The receptionist stutters. ''Only his mother Vivianne Miedema and a few of his aunts are in the system for pick up.''

''I would advice opening the file and not just read the names in the title.'' Viv tells her, she looks down at Josh after rubbing the small of Beth's back and sighs. ''C'mere darling.'' She leans down to kiss his head, taking his backpack from him and gently pushes him towards Beth knowing he need her close right now.

She shakes her head as the receptionist stutters out her explanation to the director, rolling her eyes as she tries to use the excuse of no adoption papers saved yet and sighs. ''Those documents are just a confirmation of what Joshua feels, a piece of paper to officially state that my fiance adopted our son after we got married.'' She informs her, her voice filled with anger. ''The director and I sat down to talk about it and Beth is already listed as his second parent because nothing about our relationship and the relationship between her and Josh will change in the future.''

''Beth Mead is his mother and if you had opened that file instead of only reading the few names in the caption you would have seen it, this situation caused Joshua to panic thinking you were denying him to be with his mummy, if it already starts like this I think I prefer searching for a school that does read those documents through and don't cause stress in my little boy's life.''