Beth's comeback

Two months later

''Someone is excited.'' Lotte teases as she watches Viv skip onto the pitch with Josh running after her and the ball she dribbles, Viv passes her the ball chuckling as Josh turns around to sprint over to Lotte instead and cracks a grin as she listens to the commotion around the Emirates.

''I think I am allowed to be.'' She murmurs as she walks over to her. ''It's Beth's comeback.''

''What do you think?''

''It's difficult to say something now but we have a strong team, Lessi fits right in and can be quite dangerous with Stina up front.'' Viv breaths out as they pass the ball back and forth, she chuckles as Josh manages to intercept one of their slow passes and nods her head. ''Good job sweetheart, can you pass it to me or Auntie Lotte?''

She laughs loudly as he manages to nutmeg Lotte the second she tries to playfully steal the ball from him and crouches down. ''Oh my god.'' She laughs. ''I hope someone recorded that!''

''Mini goat in the making I see.'' Alex Scott exclaims chuckling as she walks up to them. ''And yes goatie, I managed to record it.''

''Please, please send me that,'' Viv exclaims still laughing. ''Did you catch her face?''

Lotte shakes her head as Alex hums and ruffles Josh's hair. ''You can be glad that you are so adorable, sweetheart.'' She looks over her shoulder as she hears commotion and smiles as she watches the girls jog out. ''Time to warm up, see ya later Viv.''

Viv nods her head picking Josh up as he walks over and kisses his head. ''Let's sit down and watch the girls warm up JoJo.''

''Actually.'' Alex murmurs. ''Do you have time for a short interview?'' She asks with a slight grin. ''Everyone is asking how your rehab is going.''

''Yeah sure.'' Viv murmurs as she follows Alex to the interview stand, she places JoJo on her hip knowing Beth is still inside getting her knee taped, and leans against the table after giving Josh his bottle of water she carried in her pocket.

''How are ya doing Viv?''

''Doing better with each day of rehab,'' Viv replies with a grin. ''It's a long hard road, but days like these make it worth it because we worked long and hard towards it.''

''You got some company along the way, how do you all handle that?''

Viv shakes her head and chuckles. ''It's nice to have people around to joke around with, but I wished we had it under other circumstances and not two other ACLs.'' She breaths out. ''I always love joking around with Leah and Laura, but I wouldn't have wished them the same injury Beth and I went down with.''

''I can only imagine that there were good and bad days, did you have boxing days in the gym too?''

''Le and I had a few.'' Viv muses. ''We are all very competitive, Beth and I had our fair share of discussions too but we promised to step back if it got too much and not bring the stress regarding physio home.'' She continues. ''With Le it was different, we both have the same character she is just a bit more outgoing.''

''At the very beginning she tried to do too much at once and wanted to catch up with me and Beth quite quickly, we really had to hold her back and calm her down.'' She explains chuckling. ''That did not go without discussions though, in the end, I just threw her a pair of boxing gloves after making sure Josh would hit the pitch with his auntie and told her to let go of all pent-up emotions.''

''And how did that go?''

''What started off as a serious match of sparring with Beth and Laura standing aside to make sure we kept it friendly, it ended with all of us laughing because with each hit we sang a random song that entered our heads.''