The Knife-Bearer, Garrett

According to Vivienne's instructions, Luna left the company at eight o'clock in the evening, frantically catching the bus. She boarded at the front door while Vivienne entered from the back. The bus wasn't crowded, its dim light lulling the passengers into drowsiness. During the 40-minute ride, Vivienne spotted no suspicious individuals.

Upon disembarking, Luna walked towards her apartment complex. Suddenly, Vivienne noticed a man peeking out from under a large camphor tree near the entrance. He saw Luna and quickly hid again.

Slowing her pace, Vivienne observed the young man, of average height, thin but fit, trailing behind Luna. Vivienne grew tense, closing the gap between them, ready to intervene should he attack.

Luna entered her building, while the man lingered under a flowering tree, gazing up at her lit window before turning to enter the opposite building. Vivienne, deciding to stay put, took cover behind a billboard.

Soon, a figure emerged behind the frosted glass of the stairwell window across from Luna's apartment, lurking in the shadows with an object that Vivienne was certain was a pair of binoculars.

After nearly an hour of motionless observation, the man's persistence seemed almost romantic. Vivienne, her feet numb, quietly called Luna, coaxing her to take a stroll around the complex. Despite Lilith's grumbles, she relented at Vivienne's insistence. Moments later, Luna descended, now in a white cotton dress, her long hair loosely tied, radiating an ethereal beauty.

The man took the bait, following Luna. As he closed the distance, quickening his pace as if to catch up, Vivienne sprang into action, skillfully seizing his arm.

Surprisingly agile, the man retaliated. Vivienne, with her advanced combat training, found herself evenly matched until he drew a gleaming dagger. Luna's shriek, "Ah, it's Garrett!" startled them both.

With a swift kick, Vivienne disarmed him and, with a judo throw followed by a wrist lock, subdued him. Garrett, now realizing his assailant was a striking woman, appeared even more astonished than Luna.

Vivienne, helping him up: "You're Garrett? Why are you stalking Luna, armed with binoculars and a dagger?"

Garrett, flustered in front of Luna, had no pretext. His confusion was evident as he questioned, "Ah, who are you?"

Vivienne, flashing her badge: "I'm suspecting you're involved in a shooting incident. You're coming with me." Luna, however, intervened, "Officer Vivienne, it might be a misunderstanding. He's a colleague, a decent man. Could we perhaps question him at my place?"

In Luna's home, Garrett squirmed under Lilith's suspicious gaze, questioning Luna's decision to bring him inside instead of letting Vivienne take him.

Vivienne demanded the binoculars and dagger. Lilith, upon seeing them, exclaimed in horror, her gaze burning into Garrett, "What were you planning to do with my daughter?!"

Garrett, sweating profusely, stammered, "I...I was just concerned for Luna. With all that's been happening, I wanted to protect her."

Vivienne, examining the binoculars, remarked sarcastically on his notion of protection equating to peeping.

Garrett was on the verge of tears, speechless. Luna, though visibly annoyed, quickly regained her composure, "Garrett, besides the binoculars, what's with the dagger?"

Garrett muttered, "I just wanted to ensure your safety..."

Vivienne inquired about the duration of his surveillance, to which Garrett admitted to following Luna for half a month, starting from the day her boyfriend had an incident.

Confirming his account matched Luna's, Vivienne faced a dilemma in believing this timid young man. Luna, offering Garrett a glass of juice, looked at Vivienne with understanding and forgiveness in her eyes.

Luna earnestly asked Vivienne, "Officer Vivienne, I believe Garrett. If we overlook his trespasses and weapon possession, could you let him go?"

Vivienne, considering Luna's forgiveness, smiled lightly, "If the victim chooses not to pursue, then I shall not interfere." Lilith, about to protest, suddenly fell silent, her expression darkening ominously.