Ariadne, the Beauty with a Gentle Grace

The detective squad inquired about Liam's university classmates, former colleagues, past landlords, and neighbors, quickly uncovering the existence of Liam's lover, Ariadne. The next evening, Vivienne heard from Captain Nathan the tragic and conflicted love story filled with struggle.

Liam and Ariadne were college mates, he a renowned talent and she a gracefully gentle beauty. They had been in love since their sophomore year, living together after graduation until Liam's career move to Max Properties led to a change in their relationship. The eight years they spent together spoke volumes of their deep connection.

Liam was faced with a choice between the glittering prospects and wealth offered by Maximilian and his first love. The battle raged within him, but ultimately, the allure of material wealth and status won, and he left his first love behind. The house they had bought together on a loan was guiltily transferred entirely to Ariadne. Coming from a broken home with distant family relations, Ariadne had seen Liam as her only kin. His departure left her heartbroken and concerned.

After marrying, Liam realized he could never truly love the competent and assertive Rebecca. While he admired his wife's capabilities and courage, he missed Ariadne's gentleness and serenity. A month after his wedding, he found himself irresistibly drawn back to their old home.

Ariadne, tender and loving, accepted the married Liam back into her life. 

Neighbors confirmed that for four years, Liam and Ariadne were in a semi-cohabiting state, with Liam seen entering Ariadne's place several days each month. The truth couldn't be hidden forever, and with Rebecca's intelligence, she quickly noticed Liam's detachment from their marriage. 

Neighbors recalled a confrontation involving two elegantly dressed women – Vivienne believed one to be Rebecca and the other Jennifer – at Ariadne's home, which resulted in Ariadne's intermittent crying disturbing the peace late into the night. Restless neighbors saw the dignified women leave in the middle of the night, leading to speculations and suspicions about the couple's legitimacy.

Nathan excitedly informed Vivienne that neighbors confirmed Ariadne had been missing for over half a month, initially assumed to be traveling or visiting relatives.

Missing? Vivienne immediately thought of the female corpse found in Max Properties' water tank. Could it be her? What reason could there be for her body to be disposed of at her lover's father-in-law's company? It was perplexing.

Nathan shared that detectives were dispatched to Ariadne's hometown to find her kin for DNA comparison with the unidentified body, aiming to confirm if the tragic remains belonged to Ariadne. He sternly advised Vivienne to keep a close watch on Rebecca; if the body was Ariadne's, she would be a prime suspect with a motive. "Vivi, the case details are still unclear. Let's not spook anyone," he cautioned.

The next day, Vivienne attentively monitored Rebecca's temporary office. In the morning, Rebecca held a sales analysis meeting to address the company's recent accidents and resultant sales decline, with mid-level executives including Liam attending. 

Hearing Liam's confident and eloquent speech, Vivienne felt a tinge of disappointment: could men always choose interests over love so easily? Even with his lover missing, Liam seemed unfazed, conducting meetings as if losing a lover was merely a superficial wound. Vivienne found herself despising Liam for it.

In the afternoon, Vivienne overheard Jennifer entering Rebecca's office. Rebecca's voice was low, "Jen, do you think something happened to Dad? What would I do if it's true? What would happen to the company?" The usually tough woman sounded choked up.

Jennifer comfortingly replied, "Vice President, don't worry too much. I believe the Chairman will be fine. There won't be any accidents."

Rebecca sobbed, "No, I feel Dad must have encountered something. He's responsible and has never been missing like this. If it were a kidnapping, the kidnappers would have contacted us by now."

"Jen, should we report this to the police?" Rebecca asked.

Jennifer's tone hardened, "No, Becca, we can't alert the police!"

Rebecca sighed, "Then, it seems I need to bring my brother back. I believe he won't refuse this time."

"Yes, Vice President, it's time to ask General Manager Gregory to return," Jennifer responded coolly.