Twenty

Bellamy's POV

As Clarke's words sink in, my heart races with a mixture of fear and desperation. I can't bear the thought of her being trapped in here, exposed to whatever this sickness is. But before I can protest further, I notice a change in Ivy's demeanour.

The colour drains from her face, and she sways unsteadily on her feet. Panic surges through me as I reach out to steady her, my hands trembling with fear. "Ivy?" I call out, my voice strained with worry.

But there's no time for her to respond before a wave of dizziness overtakes her, and I watch in horror as blood begins to trickle down her cheeks. My mind races with a thousand thoughts, each more terrifying than the last.

"What's happening?" Octavia's voice breaks through the chaos, her own fear mirroring mine as she rushes to Ivy's side.

I can hardly form words as I try to comprehend the situation unfolding before me. The sight of Ivy, pale and trembling, sends a surge of panic coursing through my veins.

"No, no, no," I mutter, my grip tightening around Ivy as if to anchor her to reality. But she's slipping away from me, her strength fading with each passing moment.

And then, just as I fear she's about to collapse, she reaches out to me, her fingers trembling as they grasp mine. In that moment, I know I'll do anything to keep her safe, to protect her from whatever horrors await us.

But as she falls into my arms, limp and unconscious, I can't help but feel a crushing sense of helplessness. Ivy's life hangs in the balance, and I'm powerless to do anything but hold her close, praying that somehow, we'll find a way to survive this nightmare together.

"Ivy!" My voice cracks with desperation as I hold her close, her body growing limp in my arms. I feel a surge of panic welling up inside me, threatening to consume me whole.

"Please, Ivy, wake up," I plead, my voice raw with emotion as I gently shake her, hoping for any sign of response. But she remains motionless, her breathing shallow and laboured.

"Bellamy lay her down here" As Clarke takes charge of the situation, I carefully lay Ivy down in the corner as she instructed. Every moment feels like an eternity as I watch Clarke begin her examination, pulling her jacket off her as she feels her forehead. I feel my heart pounding with a mixture of fear and desperation.

Octavia's hand on my arm pulls me back from the brink of panic, her voice cutting through the chaos around us. "Bellamy, come and wash your hands," she says firmly, her eyes reflecting the same worry that gnaws at my own heart.

Reluctantly, I tear my gaze away from Ivy and follow Octavia's lead. Despite the urgency of the situation, I know that taking precautions is crucial. If I were to catch the illness too, it would only compound our troubles.

As I scrub my hands clean, I can't shake the feeling of helplessness that grips me. Ivy's pale face haunts my thoughts, and I can't shake the fear that we may be running out of time to save her.

As Ivy's blue eyes meet mine, a rush of relief floods through me, momentarily dispelling the fear that had gripped my heart. But that relief is short-lived as I watch her beautiful face contort in agony, her body wracked with violent coughs, blood spilling from her lips. My hands clench into fists at my sides, a wave of helplessness washing over me as I stand frozen in place.

Octavia rushes past me to assist Clarke, and I feel a pang of guilt for not being able to do more. I want to rush to Ivy's side, to hold her close and never let her go, but I know that staying here won't help her. It's out of my hands now, and all I can do is watch, my heart heavy with worry.