Five

We had barely been walking for five minutes in a tense silence and Bellamy looked like he was ready to start complaining, and sure enough.

"Hey, hold up" He tells me, Clarke and Wells, as we had taken the lead of the group. "What's the rush? You don't survive a spear through the heart" He says waving his gun around lazily as if it weren't a deadly weapon.

"Put the gun away, Bellamy" Wells tells him sternly but it seems like Murphy wasn't having any of it.

"Well, why don't you do something about it, huh?" He says pushing Wells away.

"Stop it" I say moving his hand off of Wells.

"Jasper screamed when they moved him. If the spear struck his heart, he'd have died instantly. It doesn't mean we have time to waste" Clarke says turning away but Bellamy grabs her arm with the wristband.

"As soon as you take this wristband off, we can go" Clarke quickly pulls her arm from his grabs and steps towards him.

"The only way the Ark is gonna think I'm dead is if I'm dead. Got it?"

"Brave princess" Bellamy says with a smirk on his face.

"Hey, why don't you find your own nickname?" Finn says as he steps out of the trees, so he has decided to come after all. "You call this a rescue party? Got to split up into pairs, cover more ground. Clarke, come with me" And with that, they walk off leaving us four behind, we all look at each other for a second before Bellamy starts walking off.

"Come on, sunshine, you're with me" I groan out loud which earns me a chuckle from the Blake boy who stops and turns to me waiting. Unwillingly I follow him and we walk off towards a different path than the one Finn and Clarke have just gone on.

We walk in tense silence side by side for a few minutes before our path crosses into Murphy and Wells' who look even more miserable than I feel. As I continue on Bellamy lags behind talking to Wells, I continue to walk before I turn back and see how far behind my idiot of a partner has fallen.

"Come on Blake, I haven't got all day to wait around for you to have a chit chat" He rolls his eyes at me but jogs to catch up to me as I turn back around and lead him further through the trees.

I continue walking through the woods at a brisk pace, my unease palpable as the tension of our surroundings weighs on me. The potential dangers of the unknown are a constant presence in my mind, and every rustle of leaves or snap of a twig sends my senses on high alert. The forest is a realm of uncertainty, and I have no intention of becoming its next victim.

A slight noise, barely perceptible, causes me to whirl around, my hand instinctively gripping the knife at my side. Bellamy's voice breaks the silence, his amusement evident in his tone. "Why so worried, sunshine?"

I turn back to face him, irritation flaring at his casual demeanour. "Did you not hear the part where a kid got speared like a wild boar? I don't know about you, but I sure as hell don't want to be next."

His response is marked by a confident smirk. "Come on, we'll be fine out here. Besides, you have me for protection."

My eyes narrow, unimpressed by his smugness. "Please, I have no faith in your whack-ass aim."

He raises an eyebrow challengingly. "Think my aim's shit? You couldn't hit a target even if it were two inches from you."

A mischievous grin spreads across my face. "Wanna bet?"

"You're on," he declares, pulling his own knife from his trouser leg. To my surprise, it was the same knife I had gifted him yesterday. A flutter of warmth tugs at my chest at the realisation that he made the effort to get it back from Wells.