Chapter 27

I re-uploaded this chapter as it appeared after chapter 2 because I wrote it a long time back. Ab jaake vote or comment karo saare!

I was now moving towards my new place, my new home

I was now moving towards my new place, my new home. To begin my new journey. Along with me were my in-laws and one of Rayan's cousins.

Rayan got such asshole male cousins because they urged him to go with them in their car and how stupid of Rayan to even accept that.

Matlab mera pati hai woh, usko apni patni ke sath jana tha lekin uloo-ke-pathay apne sath le gaye.

Some relatives of Rayan, from other countries were staying with us today, Including his dadi too, they already have a huge mansion so, of course, there would be plenty of rooms.

I was fidgeting my fingers because of nervousness, it was a new home and a new journey for me. What if I didn't succeed as a good daughter-in-law or good wife?

Destroyed.

My chains of thoughts broke, when Aunty, oh sorry...my mother-in-law extended her hand to me. I realized we had reached the home.

I firmly got out of the car, the huge mansion in front of my sight was illuminated. The lights hung from the roof to the end, making the exterior walls glow.

My eyes raked through the garden, which looked astonishing. The garden shimmered with the soft glow of mini lanterns, suspended from the iron posts. Their gentle illumination casts intricated patterns of light and shadow upon the ground, creating a magical aura.

Clusters of fairy lights adorn the branches of trees, transforming them into towering pillars of light that reach towards the heavens. Each delicate bulb pulsed a warm radiance, casting a soft halo of light that bathed the surrounding foliage in a golden embrace.

Followed by us, came the car in which Rayan was present. The boys got out of the car while chanting a kind of funny Hindi song. Everyone chuckled when one of them slightly pushed Rayan towards me, making our chests bump. A hue of crimson covered my cheeks.

Of a sudden the dark velvet blanket of sky was removed with a burst of brilliance, A firework streaked into the night sky, a blazing comet of colour that painted the darkness with its radiant glow. A collective gasp escapes from the lips of the onlookers as the night is set ablaze with a kaleidoscope of light and sound. the faces which were turned towards heaven cried in happiness.

Explosions of vibrant hues erupt overhead, each burst accompanied by a symphony of crackles and booms that reverberate through the air like thunder. Ribbons of crimson, sapphire, and emerald streak across the sky, intertwining and weaving together in a mesmerizing dance of light.

Tears welled up in my eyes, and I looked at Rayan. Who looked at me at once, while his eyes held the illuminating lights of the fireworks.

"Fantastic isn't it?" Rayan said, his voice barely audible because of the happy crowd. My lips curved into a bright smile as I replied, "Yes it is."