Chapter 8

Please vote and comment!

Enjoy :)

SHANAYA'S POV

The surroundings around me paused, my heart skipped a beat, my breath hitched, my saliva gulped down my mouth and my eyes widened when he complimented me.

His compliment made my thoughts messed up.

My lost thoughts came back to the earth again when Aadi came and wrapped his little arms around me.

"Buaa?" His innocent puppy eyes watched me.

"Hmm?"

"Can you please give me a chocolate?"

"Why?" I asked. I was sitting on my knees while holding his hands.

"Mama didn't give me today." His expression turned sad in a moment.

"Hmm. Not now. It's already late and you didn't sleep. You have to go tomorrow. Let's go to bed."

I stood and held him in my arms and walked through the staircase.

Just like every day, I read him a bedtime story. He was tired today so he quickly went into a deep slumber. I kissed his forehead and came out of the room.

I just came into my room. It was all dark. A bit of moonlight lit the room. I opened the lamp, placed it on my nightstand, and went to the washroom. I did a toothbrush and washed my face. Then I did my skincare.

After moisturizing my hands, I settle on the bed taking a deep breath. It was a good and tiring day.

Soon my phone vibrated with a notification, which was lying in my trousers' pocket.

As I pulled it out, the light illuminated my face. I covered my legs with the blanket and rested my back with the help of a pillow. I found a text...

"Make sure your driver comes to pick you up tomorrow... P.S. I am not talking about myself 🤪."

I recognized who it was. It was Rayan, my boss.

I sent him a rolling eyes emoji as a reply. (🙄)

I got a mischief idea, I texted him again...

"Myself...? Oh means you considered yourself the driver... hehe ;)"

As I texted him... the thoughts in my mind were messed up. I don't think I hate him now.

As his employee, I saw some sides of him that I never saw before. He was sweet and gentle. Suddenly my mind went back to that rude lady. Isha...

The way he carried the situation with her was something gentle and kind. The way he pulled me back from the chaos was something like relief. But whatever, she was a psycho for real.

But the real curiosity question arrives...

Who is the future wife of Mr. Rayan???

I opened my phone to check his answer, but the message was still delivered. I kept my phone on the bed and pulled out the book from my side table drawer.

20 minutes passed and now I was yawning. It was already 12:15 am. I placed the bookmark in the book and went into a deep slumber.

.

I woke up to the chirping of birds. I pushed myself from the blanket so I wouldn't feel sleepy anymore. I walked up to the windows and removed the curtains, letting the rays of sunlight come inside. I opened the window so some fresh air could enter the room. 

I walked to the closet and pulled out the hanger of my outfit. I decided to wear a formal black shirt with formal dark blue pants today. It will give a more office attire vibe.