Chapter 22

The last target isn't completed yet but that's fine. This target should be because the next chapter is very interesting. Please vote and comment. Enjoy :)

Target: 200+ Votes

2 days later...

It was Thursday and 5 pm of the day. In a short time, it was the off time of the office according to its policy. On Monday, our wedding date was fixed and I couldn't help in anticipating my impending new future. 

Maa told me she'll start the preparations by today. Event management of every event is in the hands of Priya again. She is the most trustworthy event planner for me.

I was done with my paperwork and was now on the way to the cafe of our building for some coffee. No doubt it's huge and luxurious like a normal outside cafe. The proper wooden chairs and tables, paintings on the wall, and artificial greenery give the best touch to the atmosphere.

Suddenly, I bumped into a tall figure. I looked up to apologize but it was Arjun. Arjun and I shared good humour. He was good and he was talented and intelligent.

"Want to have coffee together?" He asked and I suddenly paused.

Today, Naina was absent from work and I had no one to share my time with. I couldn't do it with Rayan of course. So I agreed to have it with him.

We walked through the corridor and discussed life. I didn't tell him about my date fixing. We reached the cafe and ordered coffee. In the meanwhile, he told me had also worked as a chef. I was glad that he was so hardworking.

We settled on our seats and I observed some girls from other departments looking at and me gossiping about me.

"Is she cheating on the boss?" I turned to see a passing girl, but she quickly averted her gaze.

Can't a girl have a male friend after her engagement?

"You can ignore them," Arjun said to me, his lips curved into a smile.

"I hate girls like these." He chuckled.

"By the way, how did you meet Rayan? And how did you become engaged to him?"

"I have known him for a long time. Our fathers are good friends. He's good although." 

"Good." He chuckled. "I guess you don't know him properly." He added.

"Why what happened?" He sounded mysterious so I questioned him.

"He's one of those playboy types. Smoking, drinking, and all indulged in that. Plus he's violent too."

How can he say something against my Rayan?

"And how do you know this?"

"I know." He said while gulping down the coffee.