Chapter 9

Please vote and comment :)

♡ Enjoy ♡

AUTHORS'S POV

 One week later...

Life was getting settled between both families. However, Shanaya and Rayan had been pretending to be in a relationship in the office for some time now, but they had built a genuine bond in the process. They acted like a formal couple in public, but behind closed doors, they were just friends. However, rumors and gossip were spreading throughout the building about their relationship, but they didn't let it bother them.

Rumors and gossip floated through the whole building, but Shanaya and Rayan didn't care.

Rayan was able to successfully end things with Isha thanks to Shanaya's help, but now he finds himself lost in thoughts about Shanaya. Memories of his past with Isha keep him from getting too close to Shanaya, even though he doesn't want her to feel uncomfortable in their fake relationship.

Rayan made a promise to protect Shanaya after Isha threatened her safety. He is well aware of Isha's capabilities and wants to ensure that Shanaya remains safe. Moreover, Rayan intends to keep Shanaya close to him so that he can understand her better as she is his future wife. He believes that protecting Shanaya is the right thing to do, both as a promise and as a way to express his love and affection for her.

It was Saturday, and Shanaya's best friend Priya was staying at her place. She was out of the city and returned on Thursday and yesterday, she came up for a sleepover.

The secret of Mr. Verma is still concealed. He just wanted things to be better between Shanaya and Rayan, so Shanaya could agree happily to get married.

It was 2 p.m., and Shanaya and Priya were getting nail art.

"Look, it looks so pretty," Priya exclaimed with joy while looking at her nails.

"Yess! Look at mine." Shanaya replied with a wide smile, showing her nails to Priya.

"Oh yes! Let's click a picture."

Priya took her phone out and clicked a picture of their nails.

"So now tell me."

"What?"

"What's going on between you and Rayan?" Priya asked, pointing her eyes.

"Nothing." Shanaya tried to hide her emotions.

"Oh, please Shanaya, you can't hide your feelings from me. Your cheeks turn as red as a rose whenever I mention Rayan's name."  Priya said with a disappointed face. 

"I am not blushing. I am serious."

"Shanaya, my girl, I have known you for years. You can't lie to me."

Shanaya hummed and nodded in response, her cheeks turned red and she tried to look away from the gaze of her friend. 

"So now tell me..."

"Do you have a crush on him?"

Shanaya's heart raced. She didn't know her feelings for him, but she knew she didn't hate him anymore.

"Umm, I have no idea... But I just know that I don't hate him anymore. I adore him. His gentle behavior, messy hair, and dark eyes make me attracted towards him."

"Moreover, his smile is also very seducing."

She smiled and caressed her hair to hide her blush.