Chapter 22

As the plane descends, President Abraham and Elizabeth stand poised on the tarmac, their expressions a mix of curiosity and welcome. The gust of wind from the aircraft's descent flutters Elizabeth's hair, her eyes scanning the horizon for the approaching visitors. Abraham, tall and dignified, adjusts his tie with a practiced gesture before extending a hand towards Historia as she steps off the plane.

"First of all, I am elated by your triumph in the political upheaval within your Eldian nation," Abraham's voice carries a tone of genuine admiration as he addresses Historia, his words tinged with a hint of surprise. "To achieve such a victory without spilling a drop of blood is a rarity in our tumultuous world."

"Your words honor us, President Abraham. We are grateful for the warm welcome extended to us and my comrades," Historia replies graciously, her eyes reflecting a mixture of humility and determination.

"You and your companions are esteemed guests here. It is our duty to offer you the finest hospitality," Abraham gestures towards the waiting vehicles, signaling for them to follow. The procession moves through the bustling streets of Stammer Nation, a vibrant metropolis pulsating with life and technological marvels.

For Mikasa and the other Eldians from Paradis, the sights and sounds of Stammer Nation are a revelation. The gleaming skyscrapers, advanced transportation systems, and bustling marketplaces are a stark contrast to the war-torn landscapes they are accustomed to. Annie and Pieck, having studied the technological advancements of Stammer Nation compared to Marley, find themselves in awe at the seamless integration of innovation and tradition.

Upon reaching their luxurious accommodations, Mikasa, Armin, Eren, and Historia are swiftly summoned to a grand conference room. To their surprise, they find themselves in the company of dignitaries from other nations as well. President Libre of Valij Nation exudes an aura of authority, his eyes keenly observing the newcomers. Beside him, Shogun Orita of Hizuru carries herself with a grace that belies her political prowess.

"So, you must be the new king and queen of Eldia... however, it appears you are only 15 years old?" President Libre's inquiry cuts through the air, his gaze shrewd as he assesses Historia and Eren.

Historia meets his scrutiny with a calm demeanor. "Indeed, we may be young in age, but the inheritance of the Titans grants us memories spanning millennia," she explains. "The collective wisdom and experiences of past shifters, dating back 2000 years, equip us with the insight and acumen necessary for navigating political realms."

"A remarkable feat," President Abraham interjects, acknowledging their unique situation. "Let us proceed with the meeting, focusing on the emergence of the new Eldia Nation under the leadership of King Eren Yeager and Queen Historia Reiss."

As Eren and Historia exchange respectful nods and settle into their seats, President Abraham opens the floor for questions. Shogun Orita directs her attention to Mikasa, her eyes narrowing slightly as she speaks. "Are you a member of the new Eldia Nation? Your features bear a resemblance to our own."

Mikasa's composure wavers for a moment, her gaze flickering between the gathered leaders. Eren steps in to provide clarity. "This is Mikasa Ackermann. Her heritage is a blend of oriental ancestry from her mother, who resided on the island, and Ackermann lineage from her father—a lineage that possesses Titan powers without being Titans themselves."

"An Ackermann..." murmurs one of the delegates from the Valij nation, a hint of recognition coloring their tone. "The Ackermanns have a storied history, marked by persecution... it is astonishing to encounter one who still carries their legacy."

Eren's request for Mikasa to reveal the hidden symbol beneath her bandage stirs a mixture of apprehension and nostalgia in the room. Mikasa's reluctance is palpable as she hesitates, torn between honoring her mother's wishes and the weight of the momentous occasion.