Chapter 13

As Eren and Historia approach the dungeon, the tension among the three Warriors is palpable, their gazes darting around as they avoid making eye contact. Eren's voice cuts through the silence, firm and unwavering.

"I am aware that each of you entered the Warrior Program in Marley to protect your families," Eren begins, his tone carrying a mix of determination and resolve. "That's precisely why I'm extending an offer. Join us, and we'll ensure the safety of your loved ones. However, if you choose to refuse, we won't hesitate to send you back to Marley, where the Wall Titans will unleash devastation upon the entire continent."

Zeke's expression twists into one of horror as he comprehends the magnitude of Eren's words. "You're considering activating the Rumbling? Do you realize the scale of genocide that would result?"

Eren's gaze meets Zeke's without flinching. "Yes, I understand the implications. But given Marley's history of betrayal and aggression against us, we cannot allow them to survive unchallenged," he asserts.

Historia steps forward, her voice steady but filled with conviction. "The choice is yours. Join us in shaping the future, or stand against us and face the consequences of your allegiance to Marley."

The air crackles with tension as the Warriors weigh their options, knowing that whatever decision they make will shape the fate of not just themselves but entire nations.

Annie's words echo with a sense of pent-up frustration and disillusionment. "My concern has always been returning to live with my father. Marley's lies and manipulations, their propaganda to keep us subdued and inferior, mean nothing to me," she declares, her voice tinged with bitterness.

"Annie?" Pieck gasps, shocked at the sudden betrayal of their allegiance to Marley.

Zeke's voice carries a note of skepticism. "But how can you be certain that unleashing the Rumbling will solve everything? Even if Marley faces destruction, what comes next? Hatred towards Eldians runs deep, not just within Marley but among other nations as well."

"The truth is, Marley has exploited Eldians and Titans for centuries to wage their wars," Historia interjects, her words carrying a mix of anger and determination. "There are surely other nations willing to forge alliances with us, seeing through Marley's deceit."

Eren's gaze hardens as he addresses Zeke. "I'm aware of your plans, but we won't be pawns in your schemes. Those who perpetuate discrimination and hatred have no place in a world striving for peace and equality."

Pieck and Zeke exchange a meaningful glance, silently communicating their shared apprehension and conflicted emotions. Pieck steps forward, her voice tinged with resignation.

"I never imagined I'd be faced with such a decision," Pieck admits, her usual composure faltering slightly. "But if it means ensuring the safety of my loved ones, I... I suppose I have no choice but to consider your offer."

Zeke's expression betrays a mix of reluctance and acceptance. "I've dedicated my life to a cause I believed in, but seeing the reality of the situation... Perhaps it's time to reassess my loyalties," he concedes, his voice heavy with the weight of his realization.

Eren nods, acknowledging their reluctant surrender. "It's not an easy choice, but sometimes sacrifices must be made for the greater good," he remarks, a hint of sympathy in his eyes.

Historia steps forward, offering a reassuring smile. "We understand the difficulty of your decision, but know that you're not alone in this. We'll work together to create a future where everyone can live without fear or prejudice."

Annie's skepticism lingers as she voices her concerns. "Even if we manage to bring our parents here, how can we guarantee their safety amidst external threats?" she questions, her tone reflecting a mix of doubt and caution.