Chapter 21

On the plane hurtling towards the Stammer Nation, Eren sits tense, his eyes flickering with determination and a weighty burden of knowledge. Beside him, Historia's expression is a mix of apprehension and resolve, her fingers tapping nervously against her thigh. The cabin is filled with an eerie silence, broken only by the steady hum of the aircraft's engines.

Mikasa, her gaze unwavering and protective, stands close to Eren, a silent sentinel ready to defend at a moment's notice. Armin's eyes are wide with curiosity and a hint of fear, his mind undoubtedly racing with the implications of what Eren is about to reveal.

Annie, usually stoic and aloof, shifts uncomfortably in her seat, her gaze flicking between Eren and Historia with a rare display of unease. Pieck, calm and collected as always, studies the group with her sharp eyes, taking in every detail with a keen intellect.

Jean, his usual sarcasm subdued by the gravity of the situation, sits with a furrowed brow, his thoughts hidden behind a mask of determination. Marco, ever the peacemaker, offers a reassuring smile to those around him, trying to ease the tension that hangs thick in the air.

Connie, his usual jovial demeanor replaced by a somber expression, grips the armrest of his seat tightly, his knuckles turning white with the intensity of his emotions. Sasha, her eyes gleaming with a mix of excitement and trepidation, fidgets with the straps of her gear, a silent reminder of the dangerous world they inhabit.

"Taka and Lara are now guarding the island along with Erwin Smith and some of the New Eldia Military," Eren's voice cuts through the silence, drawing everyone's attention. His words hang heavy in the air, a revelation that threatens to shatter their understanding of reality.

"As we mentioned," Eren continues, his voice steady despite the weight of his words, "the Attack Titan has the ability to see the future. However, there is also one thing that we need to inform you... Historia and I are from the future."

The revelation hangs in the air, a palpable tension wrapping around the group like a suffocating embrace. The implications of Eren's words ripple through the cabin, sparking a whirlwind of emotions ranging from disbelief to acceptance, from fear to determination.

"What do you mean by you are from the future?" Armin asks, his voice tinged with confusion and curiosity as he leans forward, searching for answers in Eren's determined gaze.

Historia takes a deep breath, her voice steady despite the gravity of her words. "We come from the year 854," she explains, "we were sent back to 845 to prevent the outcome that leads to 'The Rumbling'."

Annie, her usual composure cracking for a moment, grabs Eren's collar and demands, "So you did activate the Rumbling?"

"You have to understand... because of you, Reiner, and Bertolt's actions, the Survey Corps only have 9 survivors," Eren states, his voice carrying a chilling edge. "Marco was killed, Armin was near his death if we didn't feed Bertolt to him." His words hang heavily in the air, a stark reminder of the sacrifices made in their tumultuous journey.

"When I kissed Historia's hand," Eren continues, his tone growing colder, "I saw how I was going to unleash the Wall Titans... 80% of humanity outside of the walls will be trampled."

The gravity of Eren's revelation settles like a heavy weight on their shoulders, the silence in the cabin thick with disbelief and horror. Connie, unable to contain his shock, blurts out, "Hey, Eren! Why would you do such a thing? 80% of humanity?"

Eren closes his eyes briefly, as if to gather his thoughts before responding. "As I mentioned," he says, his voice tinged with resignation, "I saw this memory during 850, which means I have been trying to prevent this outcome for 4 whole years until I gave up."