Part 75 : Continuing the Climb

With exhausted Kael

As I gazed up at the sky, a sense of relief washed over me at the sight of the clearing weather. For so long, Mount Thunder had been shrouded in darkness and chaos, its thunderstorms and tempests serving as a constant reminder of the dangers that lurked within.

Turning my attention back to my injured arm, I grimaced as I remembered the pain that had accompanied me throughout my climb. The wound, though still fresh, had faded into the background amidst the trials of my ascent, but now it demanded my attention once more.

Carefully inspecting the injury, I noted that the bleeding had slowed, but the wound itself looked inflamed and angry. I knew that I needed to tend to it soon, lest it become infected and hinder my ability to continue.

With a weary sigh, I tore a strip of cloth from a cloth I had and fashioned a makeshift bandage, wrapping it tightly around the wound to staunch the flow of blood. Despite the pain, I gritted my teeth and pressed on, knowing that my journey was far from over.

Kael : This wound has gotten worse because of my recklessness.....

Feeling a pang of regret for neglecting my injury, I realized that my recklessness had only exacerbated the situation. The wound, inflicted by the Salamence days prior, had never received proper attention, and now, as a result of my own oversight, it had worsened.

Reflecting on my actions, I resolved to prioritize my health moving forward. Though the climb to the summit of Mount Thunder remained my primary objective, I knew that I could not continue to ignore the consequences of my actions.

With a newfound determination, I carefully tended to the wound, cleansing it as best as I could with the limited resources at my disposal. Despite the pain that flared with each touch, I persevered, knowing that my well-being depended on it.

As I secured the makeshift bandage once more, I promised myself that I would not allow my injuries to dictate the outcome of my journey. With renewed resolve, I pushed onward, ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead.

At surge of next second I felt all the exhaustion ,I was building up in my climb.

Exhausted beyond measure, every muscle in my body screamed for respite. Despite my unwavering determination to reach the summit, I could feel the weight of fatigue pressing down upon me, threatening to crush my resolve.

With each labored breath, I contemplated my next move. Pushing forward seemed impossible in my current state, yet the thought of giving up filled me with a sense of defeat I could not bear.

After much internal debate, I conceded to the demands of my weary body and sought refuge in a small alcove sheltered by the rocky terrain. Collapsing onto the unforgiving ground, I welcomed the fleeting embrace of sleep, if only to momentarily escape the harsh reality of my predicament.

As I drifted into unconsciousness, my mind teetered on the edge of oblivion, caught between the realms of dreams and reality. In that fleeting moment of respite, I found solace amidst the chaos, finding solace in the knowledge that tomorrow would bring with it a renewed sense of purpose.

Next Day in Morning

With the first light of dawn filtering through the crags of Mount Thunder, I awoke from my restless slumber, determined to conquer the challenges that lay ahead. Sleep had eluded me throughout the night, my mind consumed by thoughts of the daunting ascent that awaited me.

As I rose to my feet, I resolved to make every moment count, refusing to succumb to the lethargy that threatened to engulf me. Time was of the essence, and I could ill afford to waste a single precious second on futile rest.