Part 25 : Some secrets i have to keep

The next day, as the sun rose high in the sky, casting its golden rays over the tranquil landscape, Kael found himself surrounded by concerned faces and probing questions. His friends, Crystal, Ocean, Blaze, and Volt, gathered around him, their expressions filled with worry as they examined the bruises and scratches that marred his fur.

"Kael, what happened to you?" Crystal asked, her voice tinged with concern. "You look like you've been in a fight."

Kael hesitated for a moment, his mind racing as he searched for a plausible explanation. "Oh, it's nothing," he replied with a dismissive wave of his paw, forcing a smile onto his face. "Just a little mishap while exploring the wilderness. Nothing to worry about."

But despite his attempt to brush off their concerns, Kael could sense the lingering doubt in his friends' eyes. They exchanged worried glances amongst themselves, their concern for him evident in their furrowed brows and furrowed expressions.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Ocean asked, her voice soft with worry. "You don't look like yourself."

Kael's heart twinged with guilt at the sight of their concerned faces, but he knew that he couldn't risk revealing the truth of his encounter with the Blaziken. The memory of the shadowy figure's warning echoed in his mind, a silent reminder of the dangers that lurked in the shadows.

"I'm fine, really," Kael insisted, his voice tinged with forced cheerfulness. "Just a few bumps and bruises, nothing more. Let's not dwell on it, shall we? We have a journey to continue, after all."

And with that, Kael brushed off their concerns with a practiced ease, steering the conversation towards lighter topics and distracting his friends with tales of their next adventure. But even as they laughed and joked together, a shadow lingered in Kael's heart, a silent reminder of the secrets he bore and the dangers that lurked just beyond the horizon.