【 Overt Realization】

❝ Care to tell me where have you been? ❞

Care to tell me where have you been?

────────────────────

ㅤEvery day, he finds himself wandering the city without a purpose or a destination.

ㅤWhat was there anymore? Only an empty husk goes through each day for the sake of living. It has been his life for years now. He didn't expect it to suddenly change one day.

As he strolled along the bustling street, Inui happened to run into a distressed Takemichi, who was making a fool of himself in public by wandering around in a circle while muttering inaudible things to no one in particular.

ㅤ“... What the hell are you doing?” His eyes met Takemichi's. His face was full of a mix of confusion along with a hint of disapproval, silently passing judgment upon his odd actions.

ㅤ“Huh?” Takemichi glanced upward to see a familiar face. A glimmer of joy lit up his spirit momentarily, only to be swiftly overshadowed by the recollection of his recent actions. “Oh, hey, Inui! No time, no see, yeah?” His efforts to try to play it cool failed miserably.

ㅤ“Right...” Inui drawled out the words, stretching out his statement to subtly express his disdain for the blatant attempt to divert their conversation onto a different subject. “Anyway, what are you doing here?”

ㅤ“Oh! I was actually trying to think of how to infiltrate Bontan-”

ㅤHis eyes widened like saucers, and his expression transformed into one of utter astonishment as he found it difficult to grasp the unexpected statement. Taken aback, he eventually found his voice, albeit with a stutter. “You what?”

It was too late to take that back. “I uh- so- um-”

ㅤInui sighs, knowing that Takemichi will get himself into huge trouble soon enough. “Okay, let me change the question. Why are you going to infiltrate their headquarters? Do you even know where it is?”

ㅤ“Yeah, but...” Takemichi let out a big sigh. “I don't know how to get in.”

ㅤ“Again, why?”

ㅤ“(Y/n)'s life is in danger as long as she's there! I need to save her and Mikey!” Takemichi raised his voice to show his determination.

ㅤ“Do you not have any ways of contracting them?” Inui asks, trying to explore the more rational options first.

Takemichi's eyes darted away with a hint of unease, as if the question had caught him off guard. “Um, well, I do have (Y/n)'s number, but it seems she blocked me 'cause I may have, uh, called her a tad too frequently about it...” His friend let out an exasperated sigh upon hearing his response.

ㅤ“You don't know their address either?”

ㅤ“Not for Mikey, no...”

ㅤInui pondered deeply, racking his brain for any other sensible alternatives they could consider instead of infiltrating a criminal organization's headquarters. Alas, to his disappointment, no other viable options emerged from his thoughts. Not when his friend that he has been searching for is potentially in there as well. He needs to confirm it for himself.